Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Buy | Sell | Trade > General Retailers
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-08-2002, 12:54 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to hisc1ay Send a message via Yahoo to hisc1ay
LFS in Richmond, VA?

Hey guys. I'm looking for a neighborhood LFS that I can trust for my freshwater and reef needs. My cousin goes to Azalea, and the Fish Tales that was in Varina but moved isn't built yet. That would be the best one since I could walk there...

So if any of you have good Richmond experiences, let me know! Thanks!

-j

Old 11-08-2002, 05:30 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via AIM to drmofsea Send a message via Yahoo to drmofsea
GOOD lfs experiences?????
yeah .... right ....
well, if you research what you want before you get it , i can tell you that fish world (midlothean and courthouse ) has THE best selection in town .. and he gets shipments on wed, and the place is packed.
also , there is a place called richmond Aq, and a place called reef & reptile . they are small, but good.
fish world has the most selection though .....
cherie
p.s. where in richmond are you?
im right outside colonial heights

Old 11-08-2002, 11:04 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Please post any experiences you might have. I also live in the area and would be very interested in what you find. 8O
Old 11-09-2002, 09:54 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via AIM to drmofsea Send a message via Yahoo to drmofsea
hmmmmmmm...
like i said before , i have shopped at all the lfs's in the area....and i have found thaT azealea, and fin and feather have the same stuff every week , and fin and feather's corals arent that healthy.i dont like azealea, i dont really have a reason , maybe because they are so small, ( they do have a back room though )
reef and reptile and richmond aq are small , but their prices are reasonable. DONT buy calurpa from richmond aq-- he is real high on that . i will GIVE you some ...
fish world has the chit. BUT ..... make sure you know what you are buying before you buy it . the man's name is joe - he is real nice , and will stand behind his stock and is always willing to answer a Q...
if any of you in the area want to trade frags, or need some live sand or some calurpa, feel free to let me know -- i am most willing to help out .
cherie
Old 11-09-2002, 12:14 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to hisc1ay Send a message via Yahoo to hisc1ay
thanks for the info! I'm going to go to Fin & Feather to check out their plants and testing supplies. I'll be checking their stock as well, just to see what they have and what it looks like. I don't plan on buying any livestock soon, and once I figure out what that stuff you said is, I'll let you know if I want some.

-j

Tags
ich, lfs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com