Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Buy | Sell | Trade > General Retailers
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-08-2002, 09:47 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Liveaquaria.com

Let me first say, I am happy with the customer service I recieved from these people. Next, with the problems with my order, they better have good customer service. I placed an order with them on Tues, about 8:00pm. It was shipped yesterday and arrived today. Since it wasn't specified for the 7 day guarantee, I did not pay the extra shipping cost to insure it was at my house by 10:30. The order arrived at 4:00pm, I don't have photo's of the box, but it was just like the pics Aaron took with his FFE delivery. Here are a few photo's of some of the items I got...

here is the same critter an hour later....

I don't have a pic of the empty shell that one of my scarlet hermits was in, before it died on the way here....

You know I really like the blue linckia starfish, so I thought why not get one? here is what I got...

What is that spot on the star> Here is a closer look...

Guess, I'll get credit for that one soon

Sorry, I was wrong, I do have a pic of the shell for the hermit, but there is a nassarius snail finishing off wht was left in the shell...

Oh yeah, I didn't think Nassarius would climb the glass.....

Oh and I got some left hand hermits as well, they're not supposed to eat the snails like the blue legs do, but I guess I'll wait and see..

In addition to what is mentioned and shown above, I got some cerith snails (haven't been able to get a good pic yet), a peppermint shrimp, he's fine, just another one, that hides for the camera. Oh and I got a sixline wrasse, it was mostly dead in the bag, made it all the way dead, shortly after the acclimation.

I have spoken to Liveaquaria.com and they are going to reship the items that didn't make it, and they said to call later in the week about the starfish (in case he isn't doing well), but after I have settled up with them, I seriously doubt I will order from them again....

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 01:32 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

so how long can a fish live in a bag do the super oxyjenate the water or something or put it into a trance like state???

see my other post bout not knowing bout mail order fillet err fish

Old 08-09-2002, 09:06 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Not sure on the lengh of time a fish could stay alive but if proper care is taken at the packaging stage they should easily be able to make a 24hr shippment alive.

In the winter months hot packs are added to the packaging to help keep the water temp up and in the summer months cold packs can be added. Since fish are cold blooded its better for the water they ship in to cool down some than to heat up. As with other cold blooded critters their body's metabolisum slows down when its colder. A slower metabolisum would mean that it would breath at a slower rate and also digest and process waste at a slower rate.

It is extremly important to properly acclomate fish that have been transported.

About mail order fish in general.
How do you think most LFS get their fish. They get them in the same way just in much larger quanties.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 10:10 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

this seems odd. I have gotten a few things from Live aquaria and things worked out great. However, the shipping thing is confusing. I always got mine by 10:30 (usually 8 am) and that was just what the cost of shipping included.

also, the heat could have directly effected the conditions if the carrier was not prudent in their temperature control of the package.

Glad to hear they are taking care of everything though.
Old 08-13-2002, 09:09 AM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Well the replacement order was shipped from CA yesterday, I should recieve it today sometime. Heat should not be an issue today (at least in FL) the sun hasn't shown itself in a couple of days and it is nice and cool outside. Let's just hope they picked me some strong specimens, this time...

Old 08-13-2002, 03:30 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

It is now 3:30pm and my package from Liveaquaria.com has not been delivered by FedEx, I hope the replacement fish and shrimp were packed well....

Old 08-13-2002, 05:56 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Geez man. Any word yet. This has gotta stink.

Who is to blame here? FedEX? LiveAquaria?

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 06:08 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Who is to blame here? FedEX? LiveAquaria?
Me..... When I first ordered the order, I only paid for standard over night. That means FedEx could deliver it anytime from 7am-7pm, there add says delivered by 10:30 in most areas...I recieved the shipment at 4:30pm, in the replace ment order, I was only getting three items, a sixline wrasse, a skunk cleaner shrimp and a small scarlet hermit. When I opened the box, I found the fish to be in good shape, he has been acclimated and just now about 6:10pm released to the tank. The hermit...the jury is out, I put him in after a quick acclimation, and he hasn't moved yet (I looked, there was something red in the shell). The skunk cleaner was dead in the bag, I'm about to call live aquaria and see what they want me to do, I will not be ordering another shrimp to replace this one, I'll simply go the the LFS and get one, it is only a couple more dollars and I couldn't stand for another one to die, from CA to here...

Tags
live

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com