Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Buy | Sell | Trade > General Retailers
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-20-2017, 09:20 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

NilocG Aquatics Rex Grigg's CO2 reactor

I completely forgot to give a review for the reactor I bought over a month ago. I'm currently using a Rex Grigg's CO2 reactor on my 30 gallon planted. This reactor is of nice quality, or at least the best quality you can get for $50. I use the 20" long reactor with an Eheim 2215, and I have noticed barely any, if any, reduction in flow from its use. There are no bubbles coming out of my spray bar either. I'll note that the CO2 is currently set at 1 BPS. Initially, the CO2 barb on the reactor broke off, but the vendor replaced it free of charge! It is a little bit difficult to get the CO2 tubing on the barb, as I had to use a hair dryer to soften the tubing, but in the end, it worked out. There have also been no leaks to report of. I did not get bio balls with this reactor. Here is a photo:

Customer service gets an A. The reactor overall gets an A- (just because of the plastic barb).

Link: http://nilocg.com/rex-grigg-style-co...ndard-version/

Old 07-20-2017, 11:43 PM   #2
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Have you noticed faster growth in your plants since using it?

Old 07-21-2017, 01:42 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barliman View Post
Have you noticed faster growth in your plants since using it?

It would probably be more noticeable in a tank with faster growing plants and higher lighting. The Buce close to the filter output are putting out a new leaf every two or three weeks, but I'm not sure if that is just regular growth, or as a result of more CO2 in the tank water.

Tags
co2, reactor

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com