Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Buy | Sell | Trade > General Retailers
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-29-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Somethingsphishy

Vendor name
SomethingsPhishy

-Location or Web address
Somethingsphishy.com

-Short description of what they sell
Discus and Plecos mostly

-What did you purchase from them
6 2 inch Ruby Red Mosaic Discus

-On a scale of 1-5 with 5 being most defiantly and 1 being never again
how would you rate your likelihood to buy from this vendor again
1 never again

-General comments about the vendor that you would like to make

My experience was not a good one. They talked up their packaging and shipping as superior and assured me that while they ONLY offered Express Mail shipping the fish were packed so well that they were confident there would be no problems. And since they had a live arrival guarantee I thought I should give it a shot.

Well the shipping took 2 days...they did use styrofoam but only 1 heat pack and the bags were closed with zip ties...there was almost no air remaining. The fish were packaged two to a bag.

2 of the fish were DOA and one died a day later. Another had such horrible fin damage that there was almost nothing left of it's side fins and it was black and had a hard time breathing.

I had to spend a week medicating the 3 survivors and nursing them back to health.

On the plus side they did credit me for the two DOA fish and you can communicate with them even though it is only online.

I just wanted to post the review to let others know that if you are going to order from them to be aware that they may not arrive in the best condition and you should be prepared with medications and DEFINITELY follow a strict QT process with these fish. According to others who have seen pictures of my discus they are most likely stunted. And I offer the advice that if you can see them in person might be the only way to really trust getting a fish from them.

It was a valuable learning experience.

Old 11-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #2

Oh man I wish I had seen this and many other complains about somethingsphishy ,I just order 5 two inch discus from him and it came the next day and just like you said 1 heat pack and double bags with no air and leaking and the fish was so sick they all turn black and ick ,fins was all torn apart and eyes was all cloudy almost blind ,this is the worst place ever to get your fish I try to talk to him on live chat and told him the fish he sent me was sick and right away he logged of live chat and banned me from the site by my ip address ,all 5 is Alive but very very sick with all kinds of problems I just opened up a claim with PayPal let's see how that goes

Yeah the fish is still alive but i dont wanna pay $160 to get 5 very sick fish

Old 11-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Great info, thank you..I will stay away from that company.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I bought four 2" Discus a year and half ago. 1 came in DOA. 3 were alive but not doing well. 1 died within 2 weeks and the other two are still with me. One has grown to full adult size and the other is a runt. Never surpassed the 2" size. I would not reccommend these guys.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com