Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Buy | Sell | Trade > General Retailers
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-24-2002, 02:12 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
ThatPetPlace.Com

I have been using this online vendor for some time now. More so recently since I am working on getting my 80 gal tank up and running. I must say this is a GREAT store to deal with. The website might be a bit cluttered but thats a personal preference.

I have found the prices to be excellent and since they are based in PA I can get items in 2-3 days usualy vs the 7-10 days with other online retailers from CA. They also have a very large physical store in PA that if your within a days drive it might very well be worth going. I have heard so many good things about the brick and mortor store I plan on going in the future.

When I did call for help on a prodcut the customer service rep I have gotten are always very helpful. If they dont know how to best answer my question or the specifics is not in the computer they will call down to the store and get a floor rep to look on the physical box for specifics on a product.

They stock supplies for all kinds of pets not just aquatic suppies.

http://www.thatpetplace.com OR http://www.thatfishplace.com

Same store for each website.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 12:33 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to rthoman Send a message via MSN to rthoman Send a message via Yahoo to rthoman
retail store

I had the oportunity to vist that fish place in person today. When you walk in the store you know that your going to be there for a while. The place is HUGE. They have almost unbeatable prices on most anything. So if you ever get the chance to stop by and check it out, I'm sure it will be well worth your trip.

Old 08-28-2002, 11:24 AM   #3

good store

I have been to thatpetplace many times, since the days that it used to be thatfishplace. It is a great store, almost every thing you can think of there, with great prices. Heven't been there for 2 years, though. Only thing negative I could say is, the last time I was there some clueless person waited on me, I had to explain everything I wanted and why. However, that can happen at any kind of store, not just fish places, that's for sure. Haven't ordered online, but good to hear that others have been happy with it.
Old 08-28-2002, 01:19 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to rthoman Send a message via MSN to rthoman Send a message via Yahoo to rthoman
My heater that a got for a dollar cracked the other day so i ordered a new one from thatfishplace.com. It arrived in 2 days. I got a Visi-Therm Deluxe. I'm planning a trip down to the store on Labor Day since the college is closed.
Old 08-28-2002, 02:21 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
You have to be kidding me.

Your college is closed for labor day!

We work and have classes just like any other day. For us its truly a day of labor.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 05:56 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

yeah we have off, I was amazed myself. I have off work too, this is a rare day that I have off both.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:22 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Anemoneman Send a message via Yahoo to Anemoneman
I totally agree. I have gotten a lot of dry goods from there. Cheapest heaters in North America.

Mark

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com