Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Buy | Sell | Trade > General Retailers
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-09-2003, 01:00 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Worst Experience Ever.......Marine Depot Live

my buddy and I got todether to order a few things from this place, because they had bumble bee snails on sail for $.80. Anyway, we order:
about 50 snails
2 yellow watchman goby's
1 blue linckia
1 burgundy linkia
1 serpent star
1 Feather duster
1 blue mushroom rock

well, 1 goby was mangled when he got here and soon died.
the blue linkia did not look well, and 1 arm had obviously been severed to about 1" long some time in the near past. They left off completely the mushrooms and serpent star. They sent me an ORANGE linckia instead of a burgundy.

The reason we ordered so much was to spread out the $30 box fee for shipping. So they cut out 2 items, completely and ruined that idea.
They DID replace the goby, but not the burgundy linckia. I will never use them again. That was my first time, and last.

Thier little "we hand select only the best, most healthy specimens" is NOT what happens. I don't feel like their fish were in the best of conditions, as they didn't look as good as fish I've gotten from Saltwaterfish.com or LiveAquaria.com.

Sorry for the length.

Old 09-09-2003, 02:05 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
The deal with the mushrooms and the serpent star could have been that they could fill a certin % of the order so they sent the order with out those two items.

My first order from liveaquaria.com a few years ago I had a simular occurance with ordering maybe 5-6 different types of fish and ended up only getting a portion of my order. When i talked to them about it they said the two species that I did not get where out of stock and it was their policy to ship if they coudl complete a certin % of the order. Its possible marinedepotlive.com has a simular policy with out of stock items.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 09:53 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
I am sorry for the bad experience. I have had 4 orders from them and all went well. My only gripe is that IMO, there is only one person on the livestock end that is worth talking to and he doest a great job, the rest well......think of walmart check out counters..so, I always talk to Jim and only Jim when I get my stuff.

I have an order coming this wednesday and have 10 clams in it, I spoke with him and while I was on the phone, he was describing to me, each clam in the tank, and I would tell him if i wanted it or not...definitely good customer service.

I would say if there was something else you wanted from them, to try it one more time and ask for Jim

Tags
live, marine

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com