Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Buy | Sell | Trade > General Retailers
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-10-2003, 12:47 AM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to michealprater
wow! talk about great prices.

check this places livestock
http://www.transfishsupplies.com/

Old 01-10-2003, 06:40 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

That's not the correct link, unless you want us all to register a domain

Old 01-10-2003, 08:53 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Anemoneman Send a message via Yahoo to Anemoneman
The link worked when I tried it...
Old 01-10-2003, 09:23 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
FYI, This is a new domain tha appears to have been registured (or renewed on Dec 10 2002) Last modify date on the domain registration was today. So that is why it probably did not work for bearfan. Must have been updating their DNS or something.

Look closely at the shipping charges.

Quote:
A Flat fee of $40 for small box of livestock (fit appx 1-6 bags)
A Flat fee of $60 for large box of livestock (fit appx 6-8 bags)
No additional charge !! This including everything !!
Quote:
Saltwater live stock is unpredictable therefore all live stock is given a Live Arrival Guarantee under the following conditions:
1) All live stock orders must be signed for at the time of delivery or arrival and the guarantee only applies to Next Day delivery and Counter to Counter Air freight Shipments.
2) Claims for damaged and dead livestock due to carrier mishandling or delivery delays will be made to the carrier under their normal terms and conditions.
3) Tran's Fish Supplies must be notified by telephone or email of any dead livestock items within 12 hours of receipt of your order.
4) The dead specimen must be returned to Tran's Fish Supplies via U.S. Priority Mail and post marked within 12 hours of notification.
5) Tran's Fish Supplies will replace the dead specimen or give a store credit excluding shipping, box charge, and handling if the above conditions are met. This Guarantee applies to the original order and not replacement livestock.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 09:34 AM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
Seems rather excessive, just like Jeff's Exotics. The guarantee is such that you will spend 5 times the amount of a cheap fish in priority mail and shipping charges on the replacement fish. They bank on that fact and that no one would file a claim...almost a useless guarantee.
Old 01-10-2003, 11:58 AM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Anemoneman Send a message via Yahoo to Anemoneman
They DO have good prices on dry goods. For instance they have Red Sea Prizm skimmers for $67 including shipping!! An excellent deal. Next best price was is at bigalsonline for $69 PLUS shipping. I think I gave about $80 after it was all said and done. michealprater, where were you a week ago? Thanks for the link.
As with all shops, they have some good, some bad, you still have to shop around.

Mark
Old 01-10-2003, 12:22 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I did not see the price on the prizm skimmer.

When I was looking I saw more of the additives and substrates.

Anyone purchased from this vendor?

ANyone willing to give them a shot?

Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 01-10-2003, 06:56 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

Sorry anenomeman, I just found it last night. It was one of the sponsors on reefland.com. I was browsing through forums and decided to start checking out their sponsors.

However I think their shipping is not to bad considering how cheap their livestock is. I dont know about the quality of their livestock, but it would almost have to be good to be supported by a major forum like reefland.com. If you figure six items in the 40 dollar box, thats $6.60 per item if you order 6 things.
example, they have powder blue tangs for 18 bucks. if that was the only thing you ordered it would be 58 bucks. Thats very comparible to my lfs. if you ordered 5 other things with it the tang would be 24.60. sounds good to me. Ill have to save awhile but, I probably will take a chance and try them.
Old 01-10-2003, 09:06 PM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

AS with most places the more you order the better the deal because shipping is often a fair % of the purchase.

If anyone does order from this place please post back on your experence.

Old 01-23-2003, 03:52 AM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

I met the owner. He seems like a nice man. I invited him to join AA.com. we will see if he shows now. Then just think, we could ask him anything right here on the site. it would be great.

Tags
eat

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com