Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Buy | Sell | Trade > General Retailers
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-10-2002, 01:07 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to rthoman Send a message via MSN to rthoman Send a message via Yahoo to rthoman
www.ahsupply.com

I have just placed an order at www.ahsupply.com. I was going to go with 2 55w pcs, but in my lack of funds I decided to go with one 55w combo bulb. I will add another bulb down the road if i see the it is needed. I placed the order after midnight on the 10th. They are based in NY and I'm in PA so it shouldn't take that long. I will post again when my kit and bulb arrives.

Old 08-14-2002, 08:29 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to rthoman Send a message via MSN to rthoman Send a message via Yahoo to rthoman
I recieved my order all though they sent me the wrong bulb. So they are shipping me the right one out tomorrow. Below are pics of how the order was shipped.

Old 08-14-2002, 08:31 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Here is another pic, I thought i attached them both.
Old 08-14-2002, 08:56 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
What bulb did you order and what bulb arrived?

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 12:16 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

I ordered a 50/50 bulb. I recieved just a daylight bulb. I got the kit all wired up and put it in and there was no blue. So I called ah and they put the correct bulb in the mail and the return postage for me to send the wrong one back.
Old 08-18-2002, 04:42 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

I recieved the correct bulb yesterday. I took the bulb out of the cardboard and it rattles. I'm guessing it should not. I plugged it in and it works ok, should I be worried about the rattling??
Old 08-18-2002, 04:56 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I dont think you should worry to much.

Unlike standard incadecent bulbs florecent bulbs do not have a filament. They recive their light by exciting gas inside the tube. So usually the only way a florecent bulb goes out is if there is a leak and the gas excapes.

But then again no physicast

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 05:54 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

I do not think the bulb should rattle. I agree with aaron's description of how they work, but something inside the bulb has to excite the gas. This has probably come loose. I would not use the bulb without talking to ahsupply, and see what they say. I would probably demand a new bulb and some type of compensation for the trouble, first the wrong bulb, now a rattling bulb, you may just come out of this with a free bulb....

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 11:21 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ok, I will call them tomorrow before I send the one back. I am a little disapointed with the whole order. First the wrong bulb then one that rattles.

Tags
supply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com