10 things you want to do, keep, or see in the hobby before you die

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettaowner

Aquarium Advice Addict
Life is short so we all need to set goals for everything and the hobby is no exception.
10. Collect fish and plants from Africa, Asia, or South America
9. Spare no expense and have a top of the line planted discus tank
8. Keep and breed mouth brooding bettas
7. Breed Moscow guppies
6. Create my own strain or color variant of guppy
5. Have a several fish rooms dedicated to different types of fish ( guppies, cichlids, catfish, ect).
4. Setup a monster fish tank.
3. Visit an aquarium in another state or country
2. Setup at least one saltwater tank
1. Discover a new species.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Mine aren't as impressive as yours, and I'm still quiet young but here it goes! (In no particular order) 10.) establish and maintain a planted tank. 9.) own a tank that's at least 55 gallons or more. 8.) have a cichilid tank. 7.) have more then one tank! 6.) get a custom built tank to be the center of a room. (Like a tv stand one or wall haha) 6.) get a chi cube and absolutely perfect it to look like a Japanese garden. 5.) learn enough to help other people make knowledgeable decisions. 4.) breed fish/expand my knowledge on breeding fish. 3.) have a koi pond. 2.) save a betta :) 1.) have At least one salt water fish tank so I can have a dog faced puffer fish

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nice choices I'm only 18 and feel bad that I have ticked a few of both of your lists :/ I don't have as many as you guys but I've got 5 that there is no way I am going to die without doing :)

5) Set up a 100gallon or more discus tank.

4) Have a 50gallon or more saltwater reef tank.

3) Breed a saltwater species of fish that has never been bred in captivity before.

2) Have a predator saltwater tank, basically sharks and rays.

1) Get my padi open water course qualification and dive along the Great Barrier Reef.

Nice choices I'm only 18 and feel bad that I have ticked a few of both of your lists :/ I don't have as many as you guys but I've got 5 that there is no way I am going to die without doing :)

3) Breed a saltwater species of fish that has never been bred in captivity before.

1) Get my padi open water course qualification and dive along the Great Barrier Reef.

I'm 18 too :) I've just have had paternal conflicts holding me back ;)

10) Own a planted tank of around 55 gallons that is hooked up with all the latest co2 diffuser crap, and quality lighting.

9) Become good at aquascaping

8) Learn to like, or at least accept goldfish. Right now I can't stand the dang things.

7) Become very familiar with marine life, and own a marine predator tank.

6) keep a planted tank at my workplace (once I get a job :p)

5) Own a tank of at least 220 gallons that will be stocked with all my dream monster fish.

4) Own and maintain a pond.

3) Work in my lfs to further learn about the hobby.

2) keep a nano in my dorm room (planted or marine)

1) Find a way to keep my fish while at college.

This has been my fish keeping bucket list ?

You better get onto that one quick - it's not going to be around much longer, the way things are going :(

You better get onto that one quick - it's not going to be around much longer, the way things are going :(

I know it's just horrible what some people would do for some money :/

1-maintain a planted tank
2-maintain a planted terr-quarium(reptile/fish tank-nature in a box)
3-maintain a marine lionfish tank
4-maintain a planted 'local fish' tank(redear sunfish, rock bass, minnows)
5-breed a fish
6-(kinda cruel) breed 40 red cherry shrimp, then cook and eat all but two(walrus and the carpenter)
7-raise a betta that plays with a ping pong ball
8-build a unique aquarium capable of supporting at least some kind of fish.
9- have a custom aquarium that looks like/is a clear glass bottle with a ship in it.
10-have some kind of aquarium business

1-maintain a planted tank
2-maintain a planted terr-quarium(reptile/fish tank-nature in a box)
3-maintain a marine lionfish tank
4-maintain a planted 'local fish' tank(redear sunfish, rock bass, minnows)
5-breed a fish
6-(kinda cruel) breed 40 red cherry shrimp, then cook and eat all but two(walrus and the carpenter)
7-raise a betta that plays with a ping pong ball
8-build a unique aquarium capable of supporting at least some kind of fish.
9- have a custom aquarium that looks like/is a clear glass bottle with a ship in it.
10-have some kind of aquarium business
LOL

I want a indoor pond with a Redtail cat. Maybe a river going through my living room into it haha.

I want an aquarium built entirely out of sarcasm.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom