Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggs180
Deal didin't go through. He wouldn't go down from 100$ for a bare 1 year old tank. Stand (120$) and Top (55) would basically cost me almost 300$, and at that point, i'd rather go with a safer bet and purchase a brand new tank for an extra 50$.
Agreed...

Check petsmart, that's where I got mine.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Petsmart had a whole set for 350$, which I might purchase in a few weeks. But i'm still trying to Bargain hunt.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggs180
Petsmart had a whole set for 350$, which I might purchase in a few weeks. But i'm still trying to Bargain hunt.
The 46 gallon? That's the one I have! If you sign up for the petsmart card you get it for $280, that's not bad at all, so I jumped on it.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

You made a good call. I would have done the same. Don't give up on finding a gem though!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ya that wasn't a good deal I've bought 2 46BF now one saltwater setup including sump/refugium skimmer Uv with pump return pump tank stand lid light powerstrip refuge light sand and the tank was drilled for $110 and my freshwater setup which was a 30-60 HOB 200w heater light lid decor stand and a mountain of extras including a full 10 setup for $50!...point is, patience is key when it comes to CL

Edit* also keep in mind I search within 75 miles of my home daily even if I have nothing I "need" lol
Old 04-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

In my area there are a bunch of 90-150 gallon tank for about $1/gallon. Most don't come with much besides the tank itself, but I think spending an additional $100 for filters, etc. on a 100 gallon tank you bought for $100 wouldn't be such a bad deal. Make your own stand and canopy
Old 04-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

That wasn't such a hot deal anyway. I would have passed on it too. HN1 and I got a used 46 bowfront with stand included for 50 bucks. All it needed was a little bit of cleaning up. I wouldn't pay Petsmart's price for a new one either but that's just me being cheap. Try checking out some locally owned shops if you have any in your area. You might be surprised at some of their prices, especially if you can catch a good sale. I assumed for a long time that the big box stores would have the best prices because they buy product in such huge quantities, but I have come to find out that their prices on tanks and equipment (with the exception of the Petco $1/gal sale) are usually pretty awful. JMO
severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'll probably try and call several LFS to see what they have. Craigslist looks pretty bad, since most offers are pretty high, and the low ones are a 4+ hour drive away. Are there any websites besides Craigslist where I Could get good deals?
Old 04-19-2012, 11:42 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh, I see that you are in the Miami area (finally just noticed, lol). I did a quick search, see if these links help you at all. A local club can be a great resource for reasons other than cheap tanks, too.
Local Fish Stores - University of Miami Aquarium Club
Florida Aquarium Clubs - Where To Find Florida Aquarium Clubs
severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:30 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

that LFS list actually does help! I've been to several of the stores they have listed. My Search continues!

Tags
46 gallon, 6 gallon, gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com