Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-15-2004, 05:45 PM   #121
AA Team Emeritus

Well I'd just like to thank Fishfreek and family for hosting the party, in spite of the bad weather keeping a lot of folks away - the baby is just adorable and the pictures do not do her justice!

I certainly enjoyed seeing all of Aaron's corals and I learned a lot talking to the salties! It was a pleasure meeting and talking to bound_for_obx, and I got to stop by Shane's house and check out his setup, a 90gal with a 55 sump in the basement. It is for sale and I don't think I'm ready for that but I just about have my father-in-law talked into it, since he used to keep a SW setup years ago.

I hate to break it to everyone........but....... there are no pictures! My digicam is actually my husband's work camera and he doesn't like to travel with it, so there is nothing to show! Don't kill me....

Hopefully next year we won't have a hurricane bearing down on us, LOL, but it is really cool to get together with fellow AA members and chat - hubby and kids had a good time, too, and I don't think the kids trashed the place too bad!

Old 08-15-2004, 06:03 PM   #122
AA Team Emeritus

I hapen to know for a fact that Aaron has a cam, where are the pics?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Old 08-15-2004, 06:08 PM   #123
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to alrmc4
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefrunner69
I hapen to know for a fact that Aaron has a cam, where are the pics?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
still waiting
http://www.shutterbugs-gallery.com/forum/portal.php
Old 08-15-2004, 06:32 PM   #124
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to oscarbreeder
WHAT!!!!
NO PICS!!!

Now thats just not fair to those of us that couldnt make it...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/kyman_33/sig.jpg
Old 08-15-2004, 09:55 PM   #125
Aquarium Advice Freak

Wow!!!! Im just now finished reading all 13 pages. I LOVE the north florida idea. I live in Atlanta so that works out great! Or maybe one in Georgia........

Glad you guys had fun though.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:43 AM   #126
Moderator Emeritus

No pics?!?!? You are kidding

Old 08-16-2004, 07:35 AM   #127
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Gunnie
cheezysquirrelz,
I think one in N. Florida would be awesome also! I would like to point this out to you that there will a gathering in October in Evensville, Tennessee. FishFreak attending in January, and had a great time. It's held every 3 months, & I have been attending every 6 months. It's a great time for all, and AA members are certainly welcome!

http://www.aquaria.info/index.php?na...wtopic&t=27460

The more gatherings we have, the more fish folks you can meet

Smoky Mountain Aquarium Society

Joseph H.S. Mills (AKA: Trauma Jewel) 1/18/36 - 3/1/04. I miss you dad!
Old 08-16-2004, 10:04 AM   #128
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I didnt take any either. I didnt think about it till it was over.

When would you all like to plan the second annual gathering? Maybe we should make someone in charge of orginizing it

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:20 AM   #129
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
maybe next summer? what would be the best time for people with kids in school/camp to have this?

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:01 PM   #130
Aquarium Advice Freak

I think georgia would be best because its in the middle of Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, etc. If it was in florida, ppl in states bordering georgia would have a longer drive. I mean most everyone around Georgia(excluding florida) would all have to drive several hours to get through georgia to florida. Georgia is a good central area for everyone in the south east.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com