1st annual Aquarium Advice Gathering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
d'oh! if i wasn't taking two worthles summer classes i'd try and make this trip! it'd be a solo 8hr trip, but it would be really cool to do. man, and i don't have work on the 14th either, i could call off work for that friday, but noooooo...i have to take advertising and ethics classes because i'm a senior finally. maybe the 2nd annual meeting will be better on the schedule...

Well definitely try to make the next one, then you can show us all how to advertise ethically.. :lol:

hmm...these days i don't think there is such a thing, but i will certainly be more than happy to give my views on anything and everything.

I'm in folks, hotel booked and everything.

I'm going to bring bunches and bunches of fw aquarium plants to GIVE away FREE!!!

I also have several extra Water Iris (yellow flower) pond plants, will bring them if requested. Bare root only, pot them yourself.

C'mon Mr. Burns, surely you can miss ONE day of classes, get down there!

Well I just pickedup the hamburgers and hotdogs and buns. The wifes side of the family is doing a renuion the weekend before so we got a bunch of stuff for that and our gathering. Basicly Im counting on extra remaning from her party for ours.

Anyones welcome to bring other picnic items. I got the meat and paper products covered.

Other things to think about.

Drinks (Sodas, Juices, etc)
Salids (Potato, Macaroni, etc)
Deserts
- We might have snowcones for the little ones

I did get a small pool 8ft X 2ft from priceclub so have the kids bring baithing suits and towels if they want.

Lets set the start time at 11am and it will run until .... whenever.

Ill be sending everyone thats RSVPed with me directions to my house in the comming days.

Well its hard to say but im thinking around a dozen that have voiced that they will be there including kids and spouses.

Those comming dont forget to pack some outdoor seating if you can. I got some chairs but wont have enough.

Did everyone get their directions? I sent it out to those whom had said they would be comming or had interest in comming. If you want to come and didnt get directions just PM me and Ill send them to you.

I got mine - thanks!

My mother mentioned something to me about an historical site in Staunton where they have villages that represent the life of original settlers, pertaining to the traditions of the countries where they came from - do you know what she might be referring to? I looked through the VA Rec and Parks site but could not find anything that was obviously it.

Weather is a bit sketchy thanks to the double punch of tropical storm Bonnie and huricane Charlie.

If it rains we can do it inside. Gonna be a bit crowded. Lets hope Charlie slows down and Bonnie clears out so we can enjoy a nice day outside.

Anyone in norfolk area of virgina be sure to check out Animal jungle off military highway.
Best fish store i have ever been to
To bad i am not in virginia still or i would have loved to come to the gathering

fishfreek, I believe that you said you had paper goods and hotdogs/hamburgers covered. Do you need anything else? I would be happy to bring some ice and soft drinks if that would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom