Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-25-2004, 03:42 PM   #61
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Quote:
Im rather partial to BC. Given thats where im employeed.
Any chance you can grab me a brochure or two fishfreek, to bring back home? I think that would be a good reason to go down..

I'm just checking out the Biology program at Bridgewater College Mom, I'll be back later today, it's quite a drive down the road..

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:39 PM   #62
Aquarium Advice Activist

LOL

Old 07-25-2004, 07:14 PM   #63
Aquarium Advice Freak

I would suggest making it a legit reason. If you are having reasons to doubt your parents' interest in this venture, then I would suspect they would be extremely unhappy if you decided against telling them.

Visiting a far away lfs and a college would be the best way to bring it up. You're better off skipping it if it causes distrust and wouldn't be worth it. Tell them you're talking to two pastors on the same site and they both recomend a guy called "freak". lol I would take Aaron's advice and let them call him if they want.

Tell them Franklin is doing the online dating thing and you wanted to check out the references on his girlfriends.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:39 PM   #64
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Tell them Franklin is doing the online dating thing and you wanted to check out the references on his girlfriends.
I like it!!!

Old 07-25-2004, 09:07 PM   #65
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Gunnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefrunner69
Maybe a SE US gathering as well, wouldn't you all love to see north FL?
Oh yeah, now you're talking! Sorry Aaron, I won't be able to attend. I wish you all the best time! Also, don't forget about the gathering at The Fish Store in October (ask Bernie about it!), but the date has not yet been determined.

Have a great time!

Smoky Mountain Aquarium Society

Joseph H.S. Mills (AKA: Trauma Jewel) 1/18/36 - 3/1/04. I miss you dad!
Old 07-25-2004, 11:54 PM   #66
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24 hours? NE!
I would suggest making it a legit reason. If you are having reasons to doubt your parents' interest in this venture, then I would suspect they would be extremely unhappy if you decided against telling them.

Visiting a far away lfs and a college would be the best way to bring it up. You're better off skipping it if it causes distrust and wouldn't be worth it. Tell them you're talking to two pastors on the same site and they both recomend a guy called "freak". lol I would take Aaron's advice and let them call him if they want.
Thanks for the advice 24..I dunno what to do.. I know this isn't the place to vent parent angers...so I won't do that now..but we'll see I guess.

I would really like to go though, since it's so close, and I've nothing else to do, but I don't wanna get them uncredibly upset at me either if they found out...which I don't know how they would.

I like the college visit, that, they'll go for. Then, a talk about visiting a really cool lfs in the area, and I think it'll work. Might need to get directions from fishfreek to the nearest lfs, so I can go and buy something to take back to MD with me...lol.

Thanks guys, we'll see how it plays out

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:02 AM   #67
AA Team Emeritus

Just remember, trust is something that takes a long time to earn and only a few seconds to lose. It can take years to earn it back.

IMO, your better off telling them the truth, and either asserting your adulthood (just remember bills suck) and doing what you want, but not lying, or skipping it.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Old 07-26-2004, 12:03 AM   #68
AA Team Emeritus

Hey Gunnie, just noticed your sig. I'm sorry for your loss!

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Old 07-26-2004, 11:03 AM   #69
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Please dont lie to the parents. Last thing WE (me and Kevin) want is to have some parents angery with us and the site. My idea with the colleges is to seriously take a look at one/some in the area if your interested in doing the college thing.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:00 PM   #70
AA Team Emeritus

I agree totally about being on the level about the trip, and give them as much info as possible, like names and addresses and phone numbers if they think something horrible is going to happen. Don't forget that Charlottesville is not that far (UVA) and Blacksburg is not too far away either (VA Tech).

It looks like a frog hair under 2 hours for me - gonna get a T-shirt made up so you will know who I am

I'll be happy to bring a dish or something if needed.

Rev, my daughters are almost 4 so they will be thrilled if you bring your little girl.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com