Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-25-2011, 03:20 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

My Gold fish died. I now have an empty 1.5 gallon bowl that is kind of useless. If I had an honest person selling me the fish I wouldn't have bought them. I feel bad that once I found out what they needed it was too late. My only comfort are my Cichlids. They are striving and I have learned in a short time what they need and like. I may have messed up with my Goldfish but at least I am doing the right thing now.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:29 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

i ended up buying a betta from my sister because i felt so bad for it,she kept it in a half gallon vase and almost always forgot to feed it,and never changed its water.i couldnt save it though,it was too sick(no,i didnt leave it in the vase,i moved it too my 20 gallon)

Old 04-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

I fantasize about vomitting all over those in my petco. Try selling 'em then! muahahahaha
Old 04-03-2011, 03:28 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by siva View Post
I fantasize about vomitting all over those in my petco. Try selling 'em then! muahahahaha
+1
Old 04-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

that is an amazing idea
Old 04-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

That would be epic, same thing at Walmart, rows upon rows of beta fish...in cups...
Old 04-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #17

I just rescued one 2 days ago! It was either getting flushed, or going into one of those things. Now it's swimming happily in my 10 gallon. It always amazes me, the the rumors about bettas. When i was taking mine home, everybody was telling me "don't put that thing in a community tank, it's aggressive!" and I just nodded, but they don't get what great community fish they can be!
Old 04-03-2011, 12:53 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm not a fw person so i couldn't say. But what many of those stores do to livestock is sick.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Skype™ to CaptainMako
I'm on my first tank right now. I got my six dalmatian mollies from my girlfriend, who kept them in a one gallon, neon-pink, Petco-branded plastic box.
The water was green and the fish were steadily declining in health.
They now live in a 30 gallon tank with excellent filtration and plenty more room to swim around in to make up for their cupboard of an original tank.
I've treated them of both freshwater velvet and a nasty fungal infection.
For being a beginner, and each molly being roughly one inch, I'd say that was a nice upgrade. ^^
Old 04-03-2011, 11:15 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homedog98 View Post
I just rescued one 2 days ago! It was either getting flushed, or going into one of those things. Now it's swimming happily in my 10 gallon. It always amazes me, the the rumors about bettas. When i was taking mine home, everybody was telling me "don't put that thing in a community tank, it's aggressive!" and I just nodded, but they don't get what great community fish they can be!
They can be quite aggressive, but like anything its very dependent on the fish. I've had one I've kept in a tropical community tank for a little over 2 years. My grandmother recently bought one for her 20g tropical community and it killed her dwarf gourami and got one or two guppies before she returned it to the LFS.

They do have the potential to be aggressive and I think that needs to be taken into consideration.

Tags
5 gallon, betta, bettas

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com