20 Gallon Tank Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe this has been mentioned in your previous thread but two angels will not thrive in a 20g once they grow out. I kept a single angel in a 30g long (36x12 footprint) for a few years. After putting her in a 75g her behavior changed a lot and seems less stressed.

Just keep in mind you WILL need to upgrade later on down the road. Angels aren't the fastest growing so you have some time.

Seeing that this is the showcase section, how about some pictures?! :)

meegosh said:
I believe this has been mentioned in your previous thread but two angels will not thrive in a 20g once they grow out. I kept a single angel in a 30g long (36x12 footprint) for a few years. After putting her in a 75g her behavior changed a lot and seems less stressed.

Just keep in mind you WILL need to upgrade later on down the road. Angels aren't the fastest growing so you have some time.

Seeing that this is the showcase section, how about some pictures?! :)

Yeah ^ I agree. Also what kind of pleco ??

Unless it is a BNP or a similar, smaller, pleco then the same thing will apply. Will need an upgrade later, but are slower growing.

Yes I had a 20 gallon with and angel and a pleco in it among others and eventually had to move em to a 33 gallon and tomorrow morning I'm getting a 50 gallon long tank from a friend for my pleco who was bought at a minuscule one point five inch-ish is now twelve inches(sadly my angel passed ;( and I can't get another one unless I special order it :/ but oh well) so the moral of my little story both angels and pleco will grow grow GROW and then stop and be stressed till they get in a better tank I think the term is their growth is being stunted

robertleepatton said:
There fine

For now, yes they are fine. But listen to what everyone else is telling you. They WILL eventually need a bigger tank.

For now, yes they are fine. But listen to what everyone else is telling you. They WILL eventually need a bigger tank.

no offense to the op but i know he doesnt wanna hear this right now ive had the same discussion bout my 11" pleco in my 48x12 fifty five gallon and when everyone was saying the same thing it was kinda upsetting you have said what needs to be said if he moves them good for him if he keeps them and they live for a while and are pretty good for him again

Let's keep in mind this is a 3 month old thread.

There's a big difference between a pleco in a 55g and 2 angels and a pleco in a tiny 20g.

the point of my last post was missed by a country mile -_-

I get your post, in general. It does not apply to the OP's post however. An 11 inch pleco will do fine in a 55g, IMO. Two angels and a pleco in 20g will not. That is why I was saying it is such a big difference.

The OP doesn't have to listen or even read my advice. I'm simply adding my two cents. I realize some people will feel targeted after posting things like this. That is not my intentions here.

meegosh said:
I get your post, in general. It does not apply to the OP's post however. An 11 inch pleco will do fine in a 55g, IMO. Two angels and a pleco in 20g will not. That is why I was saying it is such a big difference.

The OP doesn't have to listen or even read my advice. I'm simply adding my two cents. I realize some people will feel targeted after posting things like this. That is not my intentions here.

Ok first paragraph doesn't matter second paragraph ok... True meant the whole situation not just u...

I'm not here to try and target anyone. People ask advice and might not like the answer. Some people don't know any better and don't like the answer. Just know that we are only trying to offer good, knowledgeable advice, that's all. We ain't here to hurt anyones feelings

aaronjohn20 said:
I'm not here to try and target anyone. People ask advice and might not like the answer. Some people don't know any better and don't like the answer. Just know that we are only trying to offer good, knowledgeable advice, that's all. We ain't here to hurt anyones feelings

Your right im sorry for any insults taken just putting out some food for thought :)

TenaciousTriggerFish said:
Your right im sorry for any insults taken just putting out some food for thought :)

My post wasn't towards you, just lettin everyone know. Its all good though

Back
Top Bottom