29 gallon vs. 30 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sanfranman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was in the market for a 30 gallon aquarium. I looked online for the dimensions and I noticed the 30 gallon was listed as a breeder, and above that was a 29 gallon with totally different dimensions. What exactly is the difference besides dimensions? It would be for a freshwater community tank. Does it matter?

Sanfranman said:
I was in the market for a 30 gallon aquarium. I looked online for the dimensions and I noticed the 30 gallon was listed as a breeder, and above that was a 29 gallon with totally different dimensions. What exactly is the difference besides dimensions? It would be for a freshwater community tank. Does it matter?

I don't think it matters all that much between a 29 and a 30 IMO.

When you see "breeder"in the name of tank it usually implies that the dimensions are going to give you a tank that's pretty shallow but much longer than usual for a tank that capacity. This will provide for more horizontal ground that your fish can establish territories and spawn.

Oh and to answer your question, i'd probably go for the regular tank and not the breeder for a community tank. The vertical space the non-breeder gives you would give you a better viewing experience, plus give you vertical room if you opt for planting your tank with tall flora such as stems, vals, and swords (just to name a few).

Back
Top Bottom