2nd dumbest question Ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with fishyfanatic You should not be working where you have to deal with the public for there sake and yours. I work in a hospital I see the most stupid and dangerous stuff you can ever imag. But no mater how stupid someone acts or how stupid there question is to you it is your job to do your best to answer it in a polite maner.

One more:

Hubby is a mediator but at the moment,while he's studying he's working as a case manager at the telecommunications ombudsman.

One lady rang up last Thursday at 4:45pm. So they rang 15minutes before the office was closing and the following day was the ANZAC day public Holiday.

She called in a panic cos her telco were about to cut off her mobile not non-payment. She stated that they had "no right" to disconnect her mobile even though she had paid nothing in 4 months and had not talked with them about it. Furthermore, they COULDN'T make her to pay because she claimed she was drunk when she signed the contract and therefore should be released from the contract and wasn't liable for the 4 months of usage.

Oh and of course the issue HAD to be resolved there and then. When hubby explained that this was both unreasonable and impossible given the circumstances, she started threatening violence.

Sometimes I don't know how he does it every day without going totally cuckoo. I just don't have patience when it comes to morons.

Well it gives him lots to laugh about later.
My first job was at a D.Q. I used to get people who would eat 3/4 of their LARGE blizzard then demand a refund because it partially melted before they could finish it.....ummmm sir, I have no control over how fast you eat your ice cream. You got what you ordered after that it is out of my hands.

Now I just laugh because it amazes me how many different kinds of people are in the world and it really does take all kinds to make it go round. It is nice to have something to laugh about (or at) sometimes.

Sad, I have no terribly interesting retail stories. I work at lowes in the plumbing department, usually if they are attempting a plumbing job, they know enough about it that they don't really need much help from me beyond finding things. There are some interesting people that come in though. I've seen more than a few giant shirtless nasty men walking around the store...There was one time when I found a...feminine hygiene product (unused thankfully) stuck in a box of pipe fittings. How it got there I will never understand. There have been several disorderly/violent drunks come in.

It's not the dumb people that bother me where I work, it's the people that get annoyed when I don't know as much as a professional plumber would. I only had a guy chew me out for a half hour because I had only worked there for a month and I didn't know the difference between type L and type M copper. haha, I never wanted to strangle any other person more.

There was one time when I found a...feminine hygiene product (unused thankfully) stuck in a box of pipe fittings. How it got there I will never understand.

I'm picturing some poor, frustrated guy who has just unclogged his bathroom plumbing for the billionth time after his wife flushed said-product down the toilet. Grabbing one as a "test sample" and wandering around the store trying to find something it would go through without getting stuck...

I'm picturing some poor, frustrated guy who has just unclogged his bathroom plumbing for the billionth time after his wife flushed said-product down the toilet. Grabbing one as a "test sample" and wandering around the store trying to find something it would go through without getting stuck...

:lach:HA HA

Back
Top Bottom