$30,000 Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not too impressive is it? I found it while googling worlds best tanks.
It was among the toilet tank, two tanks connected by a bridge spanning across a room(also not very impressive). However there was a 15 story 270,000 gallon SW tank in a hotel lobby in Germany with an elevator lift in the middle! It employs 2 full time divers to care for it.

There is also a "Infiniti Tank" that filters by flowing up over all 4 sides into a return that pumps back into the tank that was pretty sick!

I would love to have as I think it is a good looking dwarf angel. As far as price.. what ever the market dictates. I don't get to into trying to mandate what something should cost and have no issues with someone spending it on a fish if they can afford it. Check out Chingchai tank build on Reef Central. Amazing tank build and after a few 100 posts you get to the peppermint and narcosis.

I am strange I take issue with the individual that is on food stamps and has a fish tank.

I would never waste 30 grand on a fish, never the less 6 million on a dinosaur infused tank, that's just ridiculous!

They probably have like a tunnel connected to the ocean so fish can go in and out as they please. An anti shark and predator laser countermeasure system set up, only allowing peaceful fishes in. They don't even have a filter system the just have a pump that pumps out old water and in fresh sea water.

That's how the pine knoll shores aquarium does it in North Carolina. They literally just pump seawater from the beach through their big tank.

$30K for that fish is a ripoff! I saw them on a pricelist for $20K :D LOL ( I can't afford it at that price either but it is an amazing looking fish don't you think?) ;)

Crazy thing is some people called the Waikiki aquarium and offered more then 45k :eek:!

I've seen that fish in person and it is stunning. I believe in public aquariums it's ok to have endangered or rarely seen species. When it comes to private aquariums I draw the line because we don't know how the creature is living or if it is suitable for that kind of environment.

I've seen that fish in person and it is stunning. I believe in public aquariums it's ok to have endangered or rarely seen species. When it comes to private aquariums I draw the line because we don't know how the creature is living or if it is suitable for that kind of environment.

So true. Governments usually fund aquariums so they can get the latest equipment unlike us who fret over a 100$ fish XD

This guy that lives in Hawaii found 3 of them in the wild and caught them. Now he has about $90,000 worth of angelfish...

I have a video I uploaded to YouTube last year. It is a short video because at the time I didn't know what it was I just thought it was a cool fish. This video was taken at Waikiki Aquarium. I wish I would have know what it was at the time so I could examen it more.

I have a video I uploaded to YouTube last year. It is a short video because at the time I didn't know what it was I just thought it was a cool fish. This video was taken at Waikiki Aquarium. I wish I would have know what it was at the time so I could examen it more.

Pretty cool, maybe next time you go you can examine it.

Back
Top Bottom