Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-19-2006, 09:16 AM   #1
50,000 gal home fish tank {WOW I WANT ONE}

Here you go I just figured a lot of us would like to see this at our home. I know I would. This guy had this build and is in a wheel chair. See your dreams make it come ture.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:30 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
HOLY WOW!!! I am really impressed with all he went thru to achieve his dream!
10,000 a week water change!! I can't even image what the cost of that alone is.

Rondory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 10:05 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via MSN to Wizzard~Of~Ozz
It doesn't cost him anything, he also has a 15,000Gallon. He's on well water, and he drains them via swimming pool drains and overflows to ponds in his yard (if they weren't a pond before, they will be when you dump 10,000 gallons of water into a hole). It also says he has over 100 other tanks in his house and he was "removing" 60 or so and still had a lot. His total water changes per week are around 20,000Gal. Very interesting read if you read through the thread.

Also, quite the accomplishment for someone who is paralyzed fron the armpits down.
120 Gal SW, 150lbs Prem. Fiji, 23Gal Sump, 2x250w 15K MH, 4x65w Actinic
3 x Halichoeres Chrysus (1 surfed), 3 x Nemateleotris magnifica, 1 x Centropyge bicolor, 11 x Scarlet Hermits, 6 x Zebra Hermits, 40 x Astrea Snails, 6 x Nassarius Snails, 3 x Cerith Snails
Wizzard~Of~Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 10:58 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to nitrous Send a message via MSN to nitrous
wow that had to cost him alot of money adn that guy must be rich
20 gal-plants and 2 red zebra chiclids
15 gal- shark tank
36 gal-3 yellow labs 3 red zebra 1 jewel/plants
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:28 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to tropicfishman
OMG that is so cool, can you imagine how much concrete ittook to support a tank weighing over 208.25 tons!!!!! not including pumps, rocks, fish, etc. good lord i thought the 4000 gallon tank the dude in charleston wv has was impressive, I admire this guy, I wonder how thick the acryllic is and everything, truely amazing, That would make a truely beautiful saltwater/ reef/ coral setup with sharks and stuff, all i can say is wow i wanna meet this guy and see his tanks lol
I love my clown loaches and red tail shark!!! lol
tropicfishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:03 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to krap101
hmmm. what would happen if you were captured by fish and given a 15'x15' container under the ocean . glass and all the fish can stare in on you. fed at the same time every day, oxygen is pumped in.
~ Danny
krap101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:23 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Now that is SCARY...furry bikini bottoms and hairy legs....

Graybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 04:29 PM   #8
even with a well you still have to pay the electric bill to pump that much water... i can't even imagine the cost of running the heaters/filters and such. Its a wonderuful idea but i think i would've anchored the driftwood down and worked more on the aquascaping inside the tank. Although he said he was limited to that becuase of his disabilities... he paid to have the tank built.. he could've had someone aquascape it for him proabably.

I don't think id ever want a tank quit that big as part of my house.. LOL.. but im thinking a wall sized tank would be nice... like between a kitchen and living room or something.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com