55g tank cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm setting up a 55g but it didn't come with a cover. It measures 23" for the two panels but I can only find 24" any ideas on what to do?

Sent from peliper

I'm setting up a 55g but it didn't come with a cover. It measures 23" for the two panels but I can only find 24" any ideas on what to do?

Sent from peliper

Order 1 of these and call it good: DIY Aquarium Screen Top Netting Kits - Bulk Reef Supply . I got one and made it this weekend and it makes a really sharp looking cover. Really like it. High quality, attractive, and cheaper than a versa top. I also am a believer in open top aquariums to allow for healthy air exchange and evaporation so this cover I constructed allows for that free air contact and evaporation I like. Great little setup. Just make sure that you have a hack saw to cut the aluminum rods. (y)

Is a hang on filter comparable? I don't have filters for it yet but I'd like to use that for my other tanks

Sent from peliper

Is a hang on filter comparable? I don't have filters for it yet but I'd like to use that for my other tanks

Sent from peliper

Yeah, its compatible. You just have to make it a little less wide so that the lip of the HOB can hang over the tank. I have and aqua clear 110 and a fluval 306 on my 55 and this cover works perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom