600 Gallon tank+disgruntled customer+chlorine powder= jail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoseRZ

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just came across this story(see link bellow) I am just speechless :x
I just can not belive anyone could do something this idiotic, cruel, sickening. But at least the man got what was coming to him.

On Thursday, sheriff's deputies arrested Armstrong, 27, of Port Charlotte, and charged him with cruelty to animals. In what might be Pinellas County's first-ever animal cruelty case involving invertebrates, the damage was serious

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/06/12/Northpinellas/Fish_purchase_becomes.shtml

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/state/8908916.htm?1c

Im glad he got charged with animal cruelty as opposed to damage of property or something. That is crazy *shakes head*

They should ban him from every pet store, and ban him from ever owning another pet of any kind. I can't beleive there are people who would do something like that.

I don't think a case of declorinator would have helped, that had to be pool clorine and it's got other chemicals in it. Stupid bugger needs to be forced to breath carbon dioxide until he goes unconsious. That might let him know something of how those poor pets felt.

mybe he will go to the same jail kevin works at. then kevin can kick his ass to no end. what an idiot. I think he should be charged with both animal cruelty and distruction of property. 8O

Dude, that just sucks..

Last year, at WalMart, I lost $1,500 dollars worth of fish becase someone poured drano into the tanks resovoirs and bleach down the sink (which when overflowed, runs into the fish tank piping...). Killed EVERYTHING in the tanks...we had to get new cultured biowheels sent in, a whole system repair because it clogged pipes and got into everything..

And the camera that watched the tanks, was getting fixed that night.....conincidentally, so nobody konws what happened... I just walked in one moring, to about 2000 dead fish... I think it was a customer, but may have been a dusgruntled employee instead.

Some people surprise me at how cruel and stupid they can be..

What type of **** to do something like that? Aside from the obvious cruelty to innocent creatures who had nothing to do with his issues, what was he thinking? That the fish store wouldn't notice? Not only is he an *******, but a stupid ******* at that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom