Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Now build out if cheap wood floor. But the maintenance man is going to look up to support that tank. And see what the strongest point is in my apt building so I waiting for that

Old 12-20-2011, 01:18 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Newbie

hi dream sorry been out on my bike,but as u were saying get the maintenance guy to look at it and he might b able to work something out good luck

Old 12-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanxs
Old 12-20-2011, 10:06 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

You're really fortunate that they are even willing to help you on this. Ultimately, they're saving their own property if the floor cannot support the weight, but still, I'm impressed.
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:49 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

I,m lucky with the maintaince man. He lives on this property on firstfloor and has a 125 reef tank. He is lucky and has concrete floor. He still not sure about if it will hold it. he offert me to move to the first floor. So me and my wife debating it. he loves my fish. And the 29g is way to small for my jd,s and gt. My male jd is allready 6 inch female is 4 inch and so is my gt 4 inch. They or fine for now but they have to go to a bigger tank soon. So I,m brainstorming. What is the best to do. Because I set up both tanks. In my 29 or also africans cichilds. So I have a littelbit time to figure it oll out. It,s fun to do so. The idee is to split the tank.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:14 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

We live on the second floor and we have a 90 gallon tank on our living room. No problem yet. It's on a wooden stand so the weigh is distributed evenly. So far the floor shows no warping or anything. Our landlord was stupid we told her we had about 10 fish and she said fish were ok and in our lease it says 10 fish ate allowed to be kept with a tightly firing lid. Lol! She didn't bother to put how big the tank can or cannot exceed.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:42 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyB4602
We live on the second floor and we have a 90 gallon tank on our living room. No problem yet. It's on a wooden stand so the weigh is distributed evenly. So far the floor shows no warping or anything. Our landlord was stupid we told her we had about 10 fish and she said fish were ok and in our lease it says 10 fish ate allowed to be kept with a tightly firing lid. Lol! She didn't bother to put how big the tank can or cannot exceed.
I don't think the landlord was stupid, just not well informed about fishkeeping and doesn't realize how big ten fish can get, how much space a certain species requires, etc. Or how much a big tank can weigh when fully set up. Myself, I would have told the landlord what size the tank was.

Tags
90 gallon, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com