Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-19-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

90 gallon tank and apartment floor

Hi everbody I just want to know if. A full set up 90 galon tank would hold on my apartment floor I read that it could be up to 850 ponds wat could I do to make this work.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well I have a 143g upstairs in my bedroom at my house if that helps.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:19 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

You would really have to ask your landlord. No two of our homes are likely to have the same structural support. You would have to know the age of the building, where the joists are and have intimate knowledge of the sub-flooring.
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:20 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

If its a modern apartment, you should have no issues provided you don't set in on a stand with feet. If you can determine the location, its best to run perpendicular to the floor joists rather than parallel.

"Listen to some of these guys talk, and it's like they were born from their momma's belly with a fishkeeping encyclopedia in one hand and an API kit in the other" (unrevealed).
Wy Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:22 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Just depends on how well the building is built. But if it does damage the floor you might be responsible for damages...and that could get expensive. Look over your lease very carefully.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:23 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

+1 for what LyndaB and WY Renegade said
Old 12-19-2011, 03:25 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wy Renegade
If its a modern apartment, you should have no issues provided you don't set in on a stand with feet. If you can determine the location, its best to run perpendicular to the floor joists rather than parallel.
That is a good point, if you put a big piece of wood under the stand it would distribute the weight more evenly. But that would permanently flatten the carpet.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:35 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

The problem is I live on the second floor. But the complex or cheap build with cheap wood. I just asked the landlord he sad it's a no no. The floor woint support it. A 55g is the biggest tank that can go in these apartment. There goes my plan. I doint want to put my jd,s and gt in a 55g -
Old 12-19-2011, 04:49 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Newbie

if the building is concrete u should b kool but check with the strata managment they will no
Old 12-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Newbie

is your floor concrete

Tags
90 gallon, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com