a $20,000 fish? Hey, why not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I get that they are super rare and extremely difficult to catch due to where they live and the depth, but that's an awful lot of money for a little fish, IMO.

I guess the question is, who does buy such a fish? I understand there are people with ALOT of money, but really? 20k? At what point in being rich does that amount of money for a fish not mean anything? lol

Rethoric question.
There are all kinds of people out there, some buying fast supercars, some buy soccer clubs, etc. Next to that what's 20K for fish really? :)

I guess the question is, who does buy such a fish? I understand there are people with ALOT of money, but really? 20k? At what point in being rich does that amount of money for a fish not mean anything? lol

My aunt had a 17000$ dinner while on vacation.

If I played in the NBA I'd want a little red angle fish that cost 20 grand so I could point at it and tell my guests "see that fish, it cost 20 grand"....lol

Ok I wouldn't but I could see the attraction to that...

The. Peperment angle fish is one of the rarest angles that are out there very few of them are in tanks cause of there small numbers and deep location.

As stated, it's just "bling" for the tank. The same goes for designer clownfish (which aren't even as nice looking as the common ones IMO), and vortechs, and 2k LED fixtures..etc.

I dated someone for a while that had money to burn. It was bizarre, but she never looked at price tags and when we would go to the LFS, it was just open season. If they had something she wanted, she got it. They never had fish that expensive though and this was back in the early Internet days, so your choices were whatever the LFS had or would order for you. I can't imagine what her tanks are stocked with now.

I dated someone for a while that had money to burn. It was bizarre, but she never looked at price tags and when we would go to the LFS, it was just open season. If they had something she wanted, she got it. They never had fish that expensive though and this was back in the early Internet days, so your choices were whatever the LFS had or would order for you. I can't imagine what her tanks are stocked with now.

Probably 20 peppermint angels in a 5000-10000 tank lol

I just wanted to say at least he's cute. I've seen fish for several hundred that aren't even aesthetically pleasing.

For what it's worth, many years ago, I was fortunate enough to get from my supplier, the first C. declevis butterfly to come into the U.S. Market. It arrived at the store dead. The next time, 2 of the fish were available and I got one and the U. of Hawaii got the other one. We had to sell ours for $1,000.00 because of the price we had to pay for it. Why was it so expensive? It was rare ( at that time) and difficult to collect so the diver wanted a lot of money for it. Today, they are more available and you can buy more than 10 C.declevis for that same $1,000.00. I'm sure, once the pepperment angel is found in either larger quantities or in easier places to collect, the price will come down on the fish. For me, I'll let my $20K swim in a better investment pool and watch Utube vids of those that have already been collected :D You have to admit tho, it IS a really nice looking fish ;)

Well the guy who has a I think either a 1700 or a 17000 gallon tank build going on he probably would but that fish. Saw a picture they were useing a crane to lift the tsnk into the house that he is either building are adfing on to it.

I know about the white tail tang, thats how i came across this 20k fish. lol

But I cant bear to spend $180 on a single fish, even though it is my dream fish. :-( Just have to wait til I get so much money I dont care OR they go down in price.
lol

Back
Top Bottom