A @&%$#* week!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QTOFFER

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had a particularly craptacular week - partly why I haven't posted recently.

1) I found out that my position at work will not be renewed and that I'm out of a job in November. :evil: At least I have three months to find another job. I updated my CV and spent the last three days looking at online job postings. :evil:
So, now I guess they will not be buying the $750G instrument that I spent all Spring evaluating. What's the point if there's nobody around to operate it? :evil:

2) I've lost alot of fish.:evil: The water params in all my tanks are fantastic.
I had to euthanize my chronically sick severum after his finrot relapsed in a big way. :evil:
A brand new firemouth died in the QT tank for whatever reason. :evil:
Both ropefish died - I think they may have starved to death. :evil:

At one point, I was ready to knock down the tanks and give up. :evil: Right now, it sucks to be me. :evil:

Hey QTOFFER,

I work at the career and placement Centre at my university...and as such am the resident resume guru among all of my friends :). If you need a second opinion on your CV, feel free to give me a pm and I'll send you my email address.

Hope everything works out for you...

:( I feel for you man. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

I was wondering where you where! I am so sorry to hear about the bad turn of events. Take comfort with your mouse friends and hopefully things will will around soon.

Jump in your mouse ball and work off that steam!

Things will get better...everyone has bad fish times.

Sorry to hear about all of this - that is a bad run. I think I might have to euthanize my blind angel, so I feel your pain. It'll get better. We're pullin' for you!

I also like that word - craptacular - gonna have to use it :D

Thanks for the words of encouragement. This site is the best!:D
The job search is moving forward - I've applied for four positions online since Monday.

I have the nagging feeling that my online job-hunt resources are incomplete. If anybody knows of any science job posting sites or recruiters who specialize in placing PhD scientists within the bio-pharm industry, please let me know - I would really appreciate it!

Till then, if anybody needs any mass spectrometry done in their yard or some unusual proteins in their refrigerator identified...... :roll:

Craptacular.
adj.
Used to describe a person, place, thing, or situation that is spectacularly crappy.
Origin: The Simpsons...of course
http://www.rpi.edu/~markhn/sounds/craptclr.wav

(The word that was actually on my mind would have gotten me banned from this site forever.:twisted:)

Till then, if anybody needs any mass spectrometry done in their yard or some unusual proteins in their refrigerator identified......

Are you willing to relocate to Calgary?? :wink:

Menagerie said:
Are you willing to relocate to Calgary?? :wink:

Not really. I love living in Queens because there is so much to do and everything is easily reached by public transportation. I don't even want to move to northern NJ, but I may have to because that's where all the pharma companies are located.

Hi QTOFFER,
Sorry to hear about your fish and job troubles. The only on-line job posting site I know of is Monster.com, but I'm sure you know about that one!

Congrats on getting your resume together and applying for some jobs already! That can be a job in itself!

lmw80's right -- everyone has bad fish times. Tanks do have a way of rebounding back too!

Hmmm...I'm not sure what mass spectrometry is (and I was a bio major for two years!) :) but I went out to my perennial garden this morning and found it halfway destroyed by moles.....if the spectrogram would chase away the moles, then come on over! :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom