A Busted Tank Doesn't Count...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rokuzachi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
... as a reason to call into work, according to my place of employment. All the water on our rented floor doesn't matter. The $80 worth of fish that were hard to find doesn't matter. Nope. I get told "That's not a legitimate reason, you have to come in".

Yet people can call in saying "My 17 year old daughter has a cold", and it's perfectly alright.

Whatever.

Wow. I think I would said I was sick, and then dealt with the tank. Of course, I don't have much experience with jobs and such, being in middle school!

Didn't get fired, but I'm sure I'll get a talking to about calling in. I should have just said I was sick, but oh well. I even said I could still come in after dealing with it and they literally told me "That's not good enough".

I think I need a new job.

And I third it.

"Hi, I have tons of water pouring onto my floor and my priceless family pets are dying before my eyes, I need to be late today"

"No, you get your butt down here to work, I don't care."

"But-"

"The only "but" is yours that should be getting to work!"

Oh, the joys of grown up life.

Bettababe1011 said:
And I third it.

"Hi, I have tons of water pouring onto my floor and my priceless family pets are dying before my eyes, I need to be late today"

"No, you get your butt down here to work, I don't care."

"But-"

"The only "but" is yours that should be getting to work!"

Oh, the joys of grown up life.

Yup! Which is why I like being a kid! (except you can't yell at stupid adults :( lol.)

Back
Top Bottom