A civil authority has been issued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

talloulou

Aquarium Advice Addict
Last night my son was watching the cartoon network and the screen went blank and a message came on saying "A civil authority has been issued please check your local news station for information." So I started flipping through the channels and they all said they same thing for a couple of seconds. Anyway when the stations came back on we checked the local news, msnbc, and everywhere else we could think to check and nothing!!! No news local or otherwise that was big enough to interrupt cable channels that I could see. What's that about? And it didn't say this is a test or anything like that. Very weird.

Who would you call? We don't have a "local" news. Most of our news comes from seattle and the seattle station didn't have any news that would seem to prompt that message. Maybe I will call them or comcast the cable company to see what's up.

That's it, the local cable company. An announcement like that is organized via the big networks, who provide the information and details to the cable companies to interrupt their programming. When a station such as the Cartoon Network is interrupted, that was planned. It may have been an error, but they should be held accountable for it.

Could be....in reverse order of likelihood:

Aliens testing their pre-invasion communication equipment 0X
Terrorists - 'cause everyone knows the Cartoon Network is the infidel's babysitter! :lol:
Local Homeland Security officials testing out one of their new toys. :usa

Comcast cable said it was an "error" 8O They also said they were not aware that the error had happened until they received numerous calls about it. Odd. Anyway just an error.....but that sure makes Qtoffers conspiracy theories kind of appealing :p

talloulou said:
Comcast cable said it was an "error" 8O They also said they were not aware that the error had happened until they received numerous calls about it. Odd. Anyway just an error.....but that sure makes Qtoffers conspiracy theories kind of appealing :p

That settles it...it's definitely aliens! 0X :lol:
And they must have already taken over the minds of the Comcast cable officials. :p :p :p

On related note...wouldn't most emergencies serious enough to trigger the Emergency Broadcast System also knock out power and cable TV? This is something I've always thought about growing up on Long Island, where the electricity and cable TV seem go out whenever it rains really hard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom