A few "more" dive pics from the Turks and Caicos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
turtle trying to take a nap on the reef and a stingray cruising the sand under the boat.

Attachments

• turtle0001.jpg
    turtle0001.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 37
  • turtle20001.jpg
    turtle20001.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 32
  • stingray0001.jpg
    stingray0001.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 31
A BIG!!! Puffer, a reef shot and a Spotted Drum.

Attachments

• puffer0001.jpg
    puffer0001.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 34
  • reef20001.jpg
    reef20001.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 36
  • spotteddrum0001.jpg
    spotteddrum0001.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 30
Wow, awesome! Did seeing the sharks give you a thrill? I bet that gets the heart pumping fast! I like the stingray, they are all cool pics! Thanks!

Hey Kurt,

Just stumbled across this post..

What kind of camera do you have for that?

Im a diver too.. and have just purchased the Canon EOS 350D.. now just need to save money for the Housing..!

Clear crisp pictures..!

Hi Matt!!
Actually I used my old beat up Sea and Sea MX10 with a YS40 strobe on this trip.
I recently purchased a Canon S70 and plan to getting a housing and strobe for it soon. Next trip, I'm goin digital. :wink:

Did seeing the sharks give you a thrill?
The sharks are always a thrill. To tell the truth, they are one of the reasons I started diving in the first place. I find them to be the most fascinating animal in the ocean. :)
I had about 30 encounters with sharks in 14 dives this trip including a Hammerhead (was out of film of course). There is nothing like watching the sharks swim up the wall to check you out during a dive. :) They are very curious animals.

I've never been diving probably because of all the sharks we see when we go fishing such as 14' long hammerheads and some big blacktips.

What was it like looking over the edge down to 7,000 feet? That would freak me out.

Well you can only see as far as visibility will allow you.
Just knowing that it dropped that far was enough, pretty incredible.
Sharks act differently under water. We saw a Hammerhead, probably about 8-9"....never gave us a second look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom