A quick memorial thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.waffles1842

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So i know how we have all had that terrible morning. We wake up, its beatiful out, everythings perfect, except for the fish. a fish or other pet died. I get emotional over this stuff. im a No life right? If anyone would like to, plz add on to this thread. Post the names of your pet and what pet it is. If ive offended anyone, plz let me know. I'll start.
Back when i first started fishkeeping, i had a lone cherry barb whom i named Fireball. I was very inexpirienced, i know, but he did surprisingly well for 8 years. Then, he died. My ammonia spiked up. Well, thats it for now. I doubt this thread will be very popular.

mr.waffles1842 said:
So i know how we have all had that terrible morning. We wake up, its beatiful out, everythings perfect, except for the fish. a fish or other pet died. I get emotional over this stuff. im a No life right? If anyone would like to, plz add on to this thread. Post the names of your pet and what pet it is. If ive offended anyone, plz let me know. I'll start.
Back when i first started fishkeeping, i had a lone cherry barb whom i named Fireball. I was very inexpirienced, i know, but he did surprisingly well for 8 years. Then, he died. My ammonia spiked up. Well, thats it for now. I doubt this thread will be very popular.

I had a golden lab retriever... My parents came and picked me up from work and told me on the way home Jordan had died... I cried like a baby. I had a chihuaha from the time I was 4-17 my parents had her put to sleep while I was spending the night out bc I wouldn't let them put her down... Jordan was quite a while after that. I'm a big baby about that stuff... I just lost a pleco a while back for all sorts of reasons :( I made my husband dispose of him I couldn't stand to see him :((

It does hurt when you have to put a dear pet down. In one years time I had to put to sleep my Rottie Kasey (she was a recue from a puppy mill) and Randall a Dobie (a lady didn't want him anymore) and Gill-T an English Mastiff ( a town cop had him and was mean to him, our vet called and said please come get him or they would have to put him down) these were all older dogs. Kasey and Randall got cancer and Gill-T had congestive heart failure.....I nursed them untill their pain started to affect they daily lives....it was heartbreaking for me but I would do it again....knowing my wonderful dogs spent their remaining years in a loving and caring home with me.

my dog, Cosmo, died at the end of november. he was 14. he had a heart attack. he was on painkillers to help him walk(he had really bad arthritis). i cried on and off for a week,and still tear up when i think of him. he was my best friend.

My 9 year old yellow lab Loki (full AKC name: Loki the Lab experiment), but commonly called Goober. He was 130 pounds before becoming sick, and thought he was a lap puppy. Not one mean bone in his body, never growled, even at annoying neighbor kids. He was always full of love and wanted to be snuggled. He was always happy go lucky (we always said "happy go Loki")

We had to put him down two years ago because of stomach cancer.

I still miss him each and every day.

I've lost two cats within the last 2 years! One to lung cancer they think 3 years old, the other got very sick suddenly and 6 yrs old :(. It's not easy. ((hugs))

My silver arowana died 2 months ago. He way fine one day then the next day after work he didn't eat. Then 2 hours later he went vertical. No reason for it the tank was parameters where fine. They say your arowana dies to save your life and the shop I work at barely got missed by a tornado that day. Maybe there is some truth to the legend.

Every pet my family has had since I was alive had to be put down. :( my cat mo had cancer at 19, my corgi bogie's back legs went out at 10 years, and my other corgi birdie's back legs went out at 13. We put her down because she had a stroke. :( I still miss all of them. They were all there when I came home from the hospital. :(

It's heartbreaking losing a pet, dog, cat, fish, ect. Remember what happiness they bought to you and how much you loved them. :) they are all God's creatures and we care for them until He calls them home. I'm sure someday we will see our pets again. At least I hope so! :)

ocean said:
It's heartbreaking losing a pet, dog, cat, fish, ect. Remember what happiness they bought to you and how much you loved them. :) they are all God's creatures and we care for them until He calls them home. I'm sure someday we will see our pets again. At least I hope so! :)

All dogs go to heaven hehehe

My betta, Munch, just died. She was darting around her tank for a day, then died. I had her for 7years, and i was thinking of getting another tank so she could have friends. She made the other bettas look like goldfish in comparison...

Fishzilla 06/2003 - 08/03/2011

My buddy is swimming in the big fish bowl in the sky now.

We have been through alot together, like the transfer to a new tank after a golf ball incident. He delt with the brand new uncycled tank with no problems.

Tough lil bugger!

Sadened by his loss, but excited by the prospects of new tank arrangments.

Attachments

• Fish 034.jpg
    Fish 034.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom