Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-21-2012, 08:13 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jcolon Send a message via Skype™ to jcolon
Relationship? What relationship? That's before marriage ... After the I do's it's all about who gets the last word ... it's always me! ..."Yes Dear".

BTW she's the one that wanted the fish tank ... I actually didn't.
I'm just the one who turned it into an aquarium .. But guess who does ALL the maintenance? So in a way, by maintaining it, I get the real last word.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:22 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I can't moan too much, my husband helps me with the cleaning out, it's all the talking I do on here that annoys him

Old 07-21-2012, 09:52 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

My husband doesn't mind the time I spend on AA, but he knows it feeds my MTS (which it does) so indirectly he blames it each time a new tank appears in our home
Old 07-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well its good to see I'm not alone on the subject lmao
Old 07-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolon
Relationship? What relationship? That's before marriage ... After the I do's it's all about who gets the last word ... it's always me! ..."Yes Dear".

BTW she's the one that wanted the fish tank ... I actually didn't.
I'm just the one who turned it into an aquarium .. But guess who does ALL the maintenance? So in a way, by maintaining it, I get the real last word.
So true! All I say "yes honey" "your right dear, I'll get off the computer"

"your always on that fish forum it took the place of Facebook" "yes honey your right"

I do... Oh man, they gotta change that lol. But yeah I'm in the same boat.

Also same here! She's the one that started this. She wanted a tank then I learned the proper way to cycle and found out I needed a bigger tank etc etc... Now I have 3 and it was a battle to the 75g! Oh but she loves them all and tell our company all about them. It's funny.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jcolon Send a message via Skype™ to jcolon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161 View Post
So true! All I say "yes honey" "your right dear, I'll get off the computer"

"your always on that fish forum it took the place of Facebook" "yes honey your right"

I do... Oh man, they gotta change that lol. But yeah I'm in the same boat.

Also same here! She's the one that started this. She wanted a tank then I learned the proper way to cycle and found out I needed a bigger tank etc etc... Now I have 3 and it was a battle to the 75g! Oh but she loves them all and tell our company all about them. It's funny.
LOL ... I think I remember that battle for that 75gal ... You wanted a 125gal? But she was against it ... That's where the "yes dear" came in right?
If I remember right .. I mentioned petland disc doing their own $1.00 gal sale.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolon

LOL ... I think I remember that battle for that 75gal ... You wanted a 125gal? But she was against it ... That's where the "yes dear" came in right?
If I remember right .. I mentioned petland disc doing their own $1.00 gal sale.
Hah yeah! Thats how I got the 75g she wouldn't go for the 125 and at a dollar a gallon I still lost out. I think it cost me a few pairs of shoes and a dinner at her favorite restaurant. Man this hobby is expensive all around lol.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #18
jlk
Aquarium Advice Addict

My husband probably wouldnt mind as much if I was paid to be on here all the time!!! lol
Old 07-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

To some extent my husband encourages it. He is the one financing my addiction, since I am a stay at home mom, so since I'm learning on here, he sees it as money well spent when I'm doing things properly. If it wasn't for this place, we would have spend twice the money on troubleshooting and replacing dead stock. If that makes sense!

He sees how excited I get about my fish and I always share my newly learned info with him, since he's into the fish but nowhere near as much as myself. He appreciates my passion for learning about this so he's generally supportive.

My son Mason looks on here with me all the time. He's two, and he adores fish. So we always look at people's pictures on here together. He helps feed the fish, and he loves when i give him little fish related chores. (Like pour this in the tank, or he helps wipe the glass, nothing more than he's capable of) He will be an expert by the time he is ten or so

Sorry for the novel lol
Old 07-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #20
Great white snark

Tank of the Month Award

My hubby is a computer geek, running his own servers for businesses keeps him on the computer for most of the day and night. My few hours on here don't bother him at all. Guess I got lucky that way. Now if only he'd realize we don't need to couch in the family room.... *dreams of another 120g just for bolivian rams*

AA ToS
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=tos
DragonFish71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com