AA & your relationship ;)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DragonFish71 said:
My hubby is a computer geek, running his own servers for businesses keeps him on the computer for most of the day and night. My few hours on here don't bother him at all. Guess I got lucky that way. Now if only he'd realize we don't need to couch in the family room.... *dreams of another 120g just for bolivian rams*

Haha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who dreams of something to look at vs something for other people to sit on. :) I even pulled the, "let's get rid of the 65" tv and put an aquarium up there. Lol.

After going through a rough time at work a few years ago my ex actually suggested I find a hobby and a relating forum that I love... thus my addiction was born!

He and I are not together but I still have my tanks!

Same here! My wife complains cause of how much I am on here but we do talk about everything I learn.

Umm.... I guess I got my mom? Shes all like GET OFF UR IPOD AND DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE!!!.... Sucks to be 14. And that's why I will never have a big tank *sigh*

Sillyfishies said:
Umm.... I guess I got my mom? Shes all like GET OFF UR IPOD AND DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE!!!.... Sucks to be 14. And that's why I will never have a big tank *sigh*

Enjoy your youth while it lasts... Trust me it only gets worse haha

Sillyfishies said:

You're lucky ... It doesn't get easier with age.

Sillyfishies said:

My mom just sits in my room while I tank care of my fish and says I think it's funny you put this much work into your tanks... Uhhh yeah I'm gonna out that much work into them I kinda already started can't just stop unless I wanna waste like $150!!!

Lexilove said:
My mom just sits in my room while I tank care of my fish and says I think it's funny you put this much work into your tanks... Uhhh yeah I'm gonna out that much work into them I kinda already started can't just stop unless I wanna waste like $150!!!

Ya if/when you ever take a step on the salty side and become a reefer it becomes a real investment and a small mistake could literally cost you thousands which also seems to put a little stress on my relationship spending so much money on the hobby lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Lexilove said:

150!!! Holy crap! That is one of the reasons my wife gets so mad at me:) I have a budget of 150 a month and that's just to maintain my tanks!! Lol, oh and enjoy life while it's young. I think that is one we all can agree on! ;)

Mrc8858 said:
Ya if/when you ever take a step on the salty side and become a reefer it becomes a real investment and a small F up could literally cost you thousands which also seems to put a little stress on my relationship spending so much money on the hobby lol

That was just my 20g that Wasserstein just the price of the kit and sand/ gravel. And I know I'm saving up for a 55 and bout to set up a 10 once I get the money but I'm baby sitting a lot more often so... Here comes the money lol

Jmkb02 said:
150!!! Holy crap! That is one of the reasons my wife gets so mad at me:) I have a budget of 150 a month and that's just to maintain my tanks!! Lol, oh and enjoy life while it's young. I think that is one we all can agree on! ;)

Yeah I don't "get" money every penny is earned I clean and baby sit all the time and sometimes mow our huge yard!!! With a push mower too it sucks but it's worth it for the lil guys:)

Lexilove said:
Yeah I don't "get" money every penny is earned I clean and baby sit all the time and sometimes mow our huge yard!!! With a push mower too it sucks but it's worth it for the lil guys:)

Haha thats funny :) i have to earn all of my own money too, even if my parents wanted to pay for something i doubt i would take the donation. Haha

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha thats funny :) i have to earn all of my own money too, even if my parents wanted to pay for something i doubt i would take the donation. Haha

Yeah I bet yours is a lot more expensive though! Hah

Lexilove said:

Trust me when you move out and start having to pay for every little thing that you have or need it can become quite difficult to get what you want in this hobby. You'd be surprised at how much money it takes just to "get by" these days :( ... Guess I'm just trying to say enjoy every minute you can while your young cause life will hit you hard and fast lol

Mrc8858 said:
Trust me when you move out and start having to pay for every little thing that you have or need it can become quite difficult to get what you want in this hobby. You'd be surprised at how much money it takes just to "get by" these days :( ... Guess I'm just trying to say enjoy every minute you can while your young cause life will hit you hard and fast lol

I will!:)

I get the notification e-mails on my phone. So when it dings, my mom says: is that your fish finder thing again? So I guess it does drive her a bit crazy.

Back
Top Bottom