Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-21-2012, 10:02 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexilove

My mom just sits in my room while I tank care of my fish and says I think it's funny you put this much work into your tanks... Uhhh yeah I'm gonna out that much work into them I kinda already started can't just stop unless I wanna waste like $150!!!
Ya if/when you ever take a step on the salty side and become a reefer it becomes a real investment and a small mistake could literally cost you thousands which also seems to put a little stress on my relationship spending so much money on the hobby lol

Old 07-21-2012, 10:03 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:

My mom just sits in my room while I tank care of my fish and says I think it's funny you put this much work into your tanks... Uhhh yeah I'm gonna out that much work into them I kinda already started can't just stop unless I wanna waste like $150!!!
150!!! Holy crap! That is one of the reasons my wife gets so mad at me I have a budget of 150 a month and that's just to maintain my tanks!! Lol, oh and enjoy life while it's young. I think that is one we all can agree on!

Old 07-21-2012, 10:06 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858

Ya if/when you ever take a step on the salty side and become a reefer it becomes a real investment and a small F up could literally cost you thousands which also seems to put a little stress on my relationship spending so much money on the hobby lol
That was just my 20g that Wasserstein just the price of the kit and sand/ gravel. And I know I'm saving up for a 55 and bout to set up a 10 once I get the money but I'm baby sitting a lot more often so... Here comes the money lol
Old 07-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmkb02

150!!! Holy crap! That is one of the reasons my wife gets so mad at me I have a budget of 150 a month and that's just to maintain my tanks!! Lol, oh and enjoy life while it's young. I think that is one we all can agree on!
Yeah I don't "get" money every penny is earned I clean and baby sit all the time and sometimes mow our huge yard!!! With a push mower too it sucks but it's worth it for the lil guys(:
Old 07-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Yeah I don't "get" money every penny is earned I clean and baby sit all the time and sometimes mow our huge yard!!! With a push mower too it sucks but it's worth it for the lil guys(:
Haha thats funny i have to earn all of my own money too, even if my parents wanted to pay for something i doubt i would take the donation. Haha
Old 07-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel

Haha thats funny i have to earn all of my own money too, even if my parents wanted to pay for something i doubt i would take the donation. Haha
Yeah I bet yours is a lot more expensive though! Hah
Old 07-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Trust me when you move out and start having to pay for every little thing that you have or need it can become quite difficult to get what you want in this hobby. You'd be surprised at how much money it takes just to "get by" these days ... Guess I'm just trying to say enjoy every minute you can while your young cause life will hit you hard and fast lol
Old 07-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858

Trust me when you move out and start having to pay for every little thing that you have or need it can become quite difficult to get what you want in this hobby. You'd be surprised at how much money it takes just to "get by" these days ... Guess I'm just trying to say enjoy every minute you can while your young cause life will hit you hard and fast lol
I will!(:
Old 07-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeeeeeep. I get bashed on for being on the "Fishie-forums" "all day."
- x3 Panda Garra
Chiroptera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

I get the notification e-mails on my phone. So when it dings, my mom says: is that your fish finder thing again? So I guess it does drive her a bit crazy.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com