Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 07-21-2012, 10:02 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mrc8858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 5,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexilove

My mom just sits in my room while I tank care of my fish and says I think it's funny you put this much work into your tanks... Uhhh yeah I'm gonna out that much work into them I kinda already started can't just stop unless I wanna waste like $150!!!
Ya if/when you ever take a step on the salty side and become a reefer it becomes a real investment and a small mistake could literally cost you thousands which also seems to put a little stress on my relationship spending so much money on the hobby lol
__________________

__________________
Mrc8858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:03 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Jmkb02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexilove

My mom just sits in my room while I tank care of my fish and says I think it's funny you put this much work into your tanks... Uhhh yeah I'm gonna out that much work into them I kinda already started can't just stop unless I wanna waste like $150!!!
150!!! Holy crap! That is one of the reasons my wife gets so mad at me I have a budget of 150 a month and that's just to maintain my tanks!! Lol, oh and enjoy life while it's young. I think that is one we all can agree on!
__________________

__________________
Jmkb02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:06 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Lexilove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858

Ya if/when you ever take a step on the salty side and become a reefer it becomes a real investment and a small F up could literally cost you thousands which also seems to put a little stress on my relationship spending so much money on the hobby lol
That was just my 20g that Wasserstein just the price of the kit and sand/ gravel. And I know I'm saving up for a 55 and bout to set up a 10 once I get the money but I'm baby sitting a lot more often so... Here comes the money lol
__________________
Lexilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Lexilove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmkb02

150!!! Holy crap! That is one of the reasons my wife gets so mad at me I have a budget of 150 a month and that's just to maintain my tanks!! Lol, oh and enjoy life while it's young. I think that is one we all can agree on!
Yeah I don't "get" money every penny is earned I clean and baby sit all the time and sometimes mow our huge yard!!! With a push mower too it sucks but it's worth it for the lil guys(:
__________________
Lexilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Nu-Nu the eel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexilove

Yeah I don't "get" money every penny is earned I clean and baby sit all the time and sometimes mow our huge yard!!! With a push mower too it sucks but it's worth it for the lil guys(:
Haha thats funny i have to earn all of my own money too, even if my parents wanted to pay for something i doubt i would take the donation. Haha
__________________
Nu-Nu the eel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Lexilove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel

Haha thats funny i have to earn all of my own money too, even if my parents wanted to pay for something i doubt i would take the donation. Haha
Yeah I bet yours is a lot more expensive though! Hah
__________________
Lexilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mrc8858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 5,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexilove

Yeah I don't "get" money every penny is earned I clean and baby sit all the time and sometimes mow our huge yard!!! With a push mower too it sucks but it's worth it for the lil guys(:
Trust me when you move out and start having to pay for every little thing that you have or need it can become quite difficult to get what you want in this hobby. You'd be surprised at how much money it takes just to "get by" these days ... Guess I'm just trying to say enjoy every minute you can while your young cause life will hit you hard and fast lol
__________________
Mrc8858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Lexilove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858

Trust me when you move out and start having to pay for every little thing that you have or need it can become quite difficult to get what you want in this hobby. You'd be surprised at how much money it takes just to "get by" these days ... Guess I'm just trying to say enjoy every minute you can while your young cause life will hit you hard and fast lol
I will!(:
__________________
Lexilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Chiroptera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 392
Yeeeeeep. I get bashed on for being on the "Fishie-forums" "all day."
__________________
20 Gallon Long WIP Future Stock List
- x6 Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish
- x4 Longfinned Zebra Danio
- x3 Panda Garra
Chiroptera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Tetra1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Omaha Nebraska
Posts: 1,617
I get the notification e-mails on my phone. So when it dings, my mom says: is that your fish finder thing again? So I guess it does drive her a bit crazy.
__________________

__________________
Tetra1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.