AA & your relationship ;)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrc8858

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is it just me or does AA/our addiction lol sometimes create some hardships in your relationships.. I've just recently after a year turned my girlfriend on to keeping a fish tank since I helped her setup her seahorse tank (adding the ponies soon) but I still do get the occasional "you pay more attention to those forums then me" which isn't really true but I am on a decent bit haha.... So is this an isolated incident or can I get some pointers from the vets out there lol

My husband has actually asked me if I can manage to stay off the forum for a whole day, as I spend more time on here than I do talking to him lol

Yep, have to agree with you lol mine moans about it a lot. At least I'm not out up to no good! :)

This is great, my wife and I were just having this conversation earlier. Shes pulling the "you spend more time..." quotes. I just keep reminding her that she bought me my first and second tank for a birthday and valentines day present. Lol

Haha, it's funny I think. I catch her watching them though. It funny too because she always notices my new additions, even down to new corals. :) I just laugh to myself.

My husband even helps me choose my fish! And he bought me a tank for my betta for christmas, he's only himself to blame lol

Relationship? What relationship? That's before marriage ... After the I do's it's all about who gets the last word ... it's always me! ..."Yes Dear".:rolleyes:

BTW she's the one that wanted the fish tank ... I actually didn't.:nono:
I'm just the one who turned it into an aquarium .. But guess who does ALL the maintenance? So in a way, by maintaining it, I get the real last word.:brows:

I can't moan too much, my husband helps me with the cleaning out, it's all the talking I do on here that annoys him :)

My husband doesn't mind the time I spend on AA, but he knows it feeds my MTS (which it does) so indirectly he blames it each time a new tank appears in our home

Well its good to see I'm not alone on the subject lmao

jcolon said:
Relationship? What relationship? That's before marriage ... After the I do's it's all about who gets the last word ... it's always me! ..."Yes Dear".:rolleyes:

BTW she's the one that wanted the fish tank ... I actually didn't.:nono:
I'm just the one who turned it into an aquarium .. But guess who does ALL the maintenance? So in a way, by maintaining it, I get the real last word.:brows:

So true! All I say "yes honey" "your right dear, I'll get off the computer"

"your always on that fish forum it took the place of Facebook" "yes honey your right"

I do... Oh man, they gotta change that lol. But yeah I'm in the same boat.

Also same here! She's the one that started this. She wanted a tank then I learned the proper way to cycle and found out I needed a bigger tank etc etc... Now I have 3 and it was a battle to the 75g! Oh but she loves them all and tell our company all about them. It's funny.

So true! All I say "yes honey" "your right dear, I'll get off the computer"

"your always on that fish forum it took the place of Facebook" "yes honey your right"

I do... Oh man, they gotta change that lol. But yeah I'm in the same boat.

Also same here! She's the one that started this. She wanted a tank then I learned the proper way to cycle and found out I needed a bigger tank etc etc... Now I have 3 and it was a battle to the 75g! Oh but she loves them all and tell our company all about them. It's funny.

LOL ... I think I remember that battle for that 75gal ... You wanted a 125gal? But she was against it ... That's where the "yes dear" came in right?
If I remember right .. I mentioned petland disc doing their own $1.00 gal sale.

jcolon said:
LOL ... I think I remember that battle for that 75gal ... You wanted a 125gal? But she was against it ... That's where the "yes dear" came in right?
If I remember right .. I mentioned petland disc doing their own $1.00 gal sale.

Hah yeah! Thats how I got the 75g she wouldn't go for the 125 and at a dollar a gallon I still lost out. I think it cost me a few pairs of shoes and a dinner at her favorite restaurant. Man this hobby is expensive all around lol.

To some extent my husband encourages it. He is the one financing my addiction, since I am a stay at home mom, so since I'm learning on here, he sees it as money well spent when I'm doing things properly. If it wasn't for this place, we would have spend twice the money on troubleshooting and replacing dead stock. If that makes sense!

He sees how excited I get about my fish and I always share my newly learned info with him, since he's into the fish but nowhere near as much as myself. He appreciates my passion for learning about this so he's generally supportive.

My son Mason looks on here with me all the time. He's two, and he adores fish. So we always look at people's pictures on here together. He helps feed the fish, and he loves when i give him little fish related chores. (Like pour this in the tank, or he helps wipe the glass, nothing more than he's capable of) He will be an expert by the time he is ten or so :)

Sorry for the novel lol

My hubby is a computer geek, running his own servers for businesses keeps him on the computer for most of the day and night. My few hours on here don't bother him at all. Guess I got lucky that way. Now if only he'd realize we don't need to couch in the family room.... *dreams of another 120g just for bolivian rams*

Back
Top Bottom