AA fantasy basketball league is under way:)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm told to work late this evening and I say to myself "Wow, gotta get into yahoo and set my roster. dum..dee...dum...http://yahoo.com. hmmm...hmm...click games....WHOA! My company has blocked access to yahoo games!!!!! This was done with no announcement whatsoever. Granted, it's not in the company's interest to have several thousand employees playing games on line but gosh...a little warning first.
Well, instead of having D. Christie as a starter or a bench plyr, he is playing right now as a util plyr. Oh well, guess who isn't working late anymore?

A reasonable idea but unfortunately, due to my position, it could lead to somewhat of a large uncomfortable mess. I knew it was a matter of time because 3rd party email access was blocked last year (with trumpets blaring and fanfare to boot).

Darn and drat.

Wow - I placed O'Neal on waivers to pick up J. Howard two days ago. Transaction was to be official today. O'Neal still shows on my roster and my transaction message is gone. I checked the available plyrs list and O'Neal is on it and J. Howard isn't. The transactions list shows it as being done today. What gives?

All transactions are represented in the following days roster. That's to stop people making last minute moves to try to pad a particular stat - in my opinion anyway, I'm not sure what the official reasoning is.

J. O'Neal has been cleared to play again.. sorry Jchillin :p

Qshark, you're the only person to win both weeks so far.. that's a crazy statistic and means this is gonna be a very tight league if everyone keeps up with it.

I was lucky, my opponent didn't keep up with the all the games this weekend or I may have lost.
Agree, we really do need to keep up with it. I thought the won loss records would be 1 win or loss per week. I didn't realize that every stat counts towards wins and losses. May get rather crazy down the road. Also kinda changes how you pick players.
So far its been fun, really makes you keep up with whats going on in the NBA.

I really have to pay attention also. I had J. Stackhouse starting this week and he didn't play in a single game. Didn't notice it until the final stats were displayed for the week (one big fat empty chart).

It's tricky even when you do keep up with it because you never really know who's gonna play.. I kept putting C.Anthony in but he never did get a start.

For those that aren't setting their teams, please try to keep up as best as possible, and remember you can always set it for the whole week ahead on Sundays or something.

Hey all.
I see that not everyone is updating their teams. There are a lot of active players on the bench the last few night and the points do not count unless your player is in the starting linup. You can set the whole week up with one swoop. Just click "my team" and click the different dates. Look for the players each day that have a game and set your roster. After you are done save the data and move to the next day.
Lets keep this thing competitive!!
:)

heh heh...looks who's talking :D

What's interesting is I've run into serious trouble with players either being placed on injured list...sitting out games...multiple players playing on the same night...etc. I've gone after "hot" players and poof, they sit out the game or don't play any significant minutes.

I think as of this time, I've made so many roster moves it isn't funny. Despite my freefall in the standings, I keep up the competitive spirit. 8)

I know, you have had some bad luck. :( Who would have know O'neil would be back playing already.
Its a long season, you'll be back. You roster is too good not to. :)
I am ahead because of my teams health and I keep track of the games. My luck may run out at some point. :roll:
I'm having fun with it and its making me keep up better with the real league. Of course thats not too hard these days in Cleveland, the Cavs are actually decent....finally.
I think others would enjoy it more if they tracked our league more, thats the reason for the post.

Kurt, I would never question your motives as I know they are pure :wink: Just thought it was time to grumble. I had thought the same thing (I also saw no changes in some rosters).

Sorry I have missed the past few days. I have forgotten, and my wife has been ill. She's fine though. I'll do better. Sorry all. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom