AA Member Biographies!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well since everyone else has posted, I'll give it a shot.

My name is Quinn (contrary to what most people think, I'm female), 22 years old, and recently graduated from Southern Illinois University Carbondale with a BS in Operations Management. On December 21st of 2002 I became engaged to James and we have temporarily set a wedding date of April 15, 2006. I grew up in the sticks of Southern Illinois but moved to Carbondale to attend college. After being there for 4 years I can't bare to move back to coutry living. I'm a city girl at heart. In the upcoming years I plan to move to STL. Currently we have 7 tanks and we've only been in the hobby for a little over a year. I also have a cute cuddly little kitty named Nemo. Ok, so he's not so small anymore. He's a monster. But he's still cute and cuddly. I spend all of my free time working on the tanks (alot of work), babysitting for my cute 1 year old nephew Hunter, playing with my cat, scrapbooking (got into it after Hunter was born), or cleaning house. I work as an Office Assistant for an Insurance company. Ideaily I will find a job in retail as an Assistant Manager, then Store Mananger, then Regional Manager. But that all takes time. My brother and dad are farmers, so I grew up being raised like a little boy, so I am a tom boy at heart. And I am the God mother of my nephew and my best friends daughter. That's about it. OHHH and I am a HUGE Cardinals Fan. I am going to cry when they start to demolish Busch Stadium.

Well Quinn - Nice bio! Let me be the first to congratulate you on your upcoming wedding. Since you and yours have already established your love of children, pets and multiple tanks :D your happiness is certain.

HAHA. Actually, I love children more than he does. I want two kids, boy and girl. It's funny watching him with children because it's like he has no idea what he's doing. He holds them SO funny. But, he is a guy. No offense, but it seems like guys really don't know how to handle children until they have their own. For the time being, Nemo is our child. :D AND, if it were up to me, we would have 10 more cats running around, a German Bull Dog, and a French poodle prancing around.

:lol: Careful what you wish for Quinn, you just might get it. Fast forward 20 plus years and you might end up like my wife. She has 8 cats and a psycho pup. She seems to never have a moments peace. As soon as she sits down she has all 8 cats sitting on top of her. :lol: :lol:

I want a lap cat. And Nemo is still in that VERY playful age even though he's already 18 months old. He will calm down and lay on my lap, but that is once every blue moon. Most of the time he sits in his window or on a rug somewhere in the house. I never understood why he only lays on rugs, never the carpet or tile.

My inforamation and my bio is my distinct privaste bussiness and no one will know it. LOL J/K/

Well, since everyone else has i will give it a try,

I am Dan A. Live somwehre in the USA, and live down south to be more specific.
I am 13 years old, and enjoy, shooting guns and reaserching them etc. i have a great time shooting an AK-47, And M-4 Carbine-no i dont own them my friend does...I enjoy reading eveything i can about fish. I am addicted to fish!!!!! Well right now i have 5 Tanks!
wIHT 1 more on the way. I have 1000 plus pages of fish printouts and 5 books on them.

1gal Betta Tank
1gal Betta Tank
2Gal Betta Tanl
3Gal Gourmia tank-I didnt put the fish in 3gals on purpose he is a positively evil gorumia and would kill naything that was in the tank with him.
10gal FigureEight Puffer Species Tank-3 So Far :)
55gal Mbuna Tank on the way July 12!!!!!!

I dont know if those 1gal and 2gal tanks count as tanks.........Oh well.

I have a Rat Terrier that could pass for a mini Pit Bull, He is like those police attack dogs. Has bittne family members 3 times. It is a mircale i still have him/ He is a nice dog at heart and like me a lot and i like him, except for the ytime he cost me 4k in damges to the floors and doors......but we wont get into that. LOL

I am officaly obssed with Figure Eight Puffers and any chance i get to get a tank i get one, after the 55 i am looking to ghte another 10gal to put Lamgorumous Brevis in. Well sorry tpo bore u all so muhc. and yes i am a horrible speleler. LOL

Dan :)

very very interesting posts. i thourghly enjoyed them.

Well I hope I'm not too new or too late to jump on this train, it looks like fun!

I've read all the bios posted so far and have much in common with many of you.

My name is Tracy (I bet that was a real hard one to guess,huh?) ANd I am a 32 year old stay at home mom in Alliston Ontario Canada. I have 4 kids, 3, 6, 12 and 15 (2 boys in the middle and girls on each end) I have a cat named Swiper (anybody watch Dora the explorer? LOL) and a dog named Bear, he is a german shepherd/chow cross. I am new to the aquarium hobby and have a 30-something gallon tank of varied fish that have been dying on my all week :(

My hubby of 16 years works for Honda, he builds Civics, Pilots, the new Ridgeline trucks, Oddessy's and Acura MDX's

I used to live out west, in Canmore Alberta, so I am wondering what restaurant Serlunchbox is a chef in, we used to go "up the city" quite regularly. I have a sister in law in Edmonton too.

What else can I tell you? I like to surf the net, scrapbook, read, interior decorating, shopping etc.

This is fun, thanks for starting the thread!

oh thank you for posting on it! i was reading your post durring Spanish class and my teacher told me to put my PDA away... :twisted: (i have internet cappabilities on my pda, her room is the only room i can get conection in.)

very nice to meet ya

Hmmm Bio's...
I like these....

I am a 29 year old stay at home mom, with one daughter. My husband has two girls from a pervious marriage that are here every other weekend.
I just got two new Jack Russell Terriers, Fender *male, 9mos* & Bailey *female, 5mos* they both are keeping me very busy.
I grew up around aquariums, my father had one, and I loved it. I went for many years with no pets at all and was miserable. I now have 5 tanks that keep me very busy trying to keep up with water changes...you know the story :lol:

My Husband is a manager for United Parcel Service. Works some crazy hours and drives me nuts with his job. But hes a good guy and a great father.
I used to be an EMT/Firefighter, and office manager for a local car repair shop, but decided to hang it up to spend time with my daughter. I didnt like paying someone else to raise her. Not to mention the stress it put on my Mom knowing I would run into a building that everyone else was running out of...

I grew up in Northern California, lived in Nashville TN for a few years, went back to CA for a bit, then moved to Washington DC. I have made my way west from DC, to find myself in this stick of a town... but I love it here.
My husband is retiring in a little less then 7 years and we are currently looking for property in Jamaica... or someplace comparable. All that should coincide with the kids getting in college... once they are out, we are painting the house & changing the locks... maybe then they cant figure out which house it is to come back to... :wink:

I think thats about it for me...

So it just occurs to me that I never did one of these (and I never got around to posting a thread in the 'Welcome Wagon' forum either...which is pretty bad consideirng I've been a member for more than a year). :oops:

My name is Sara (obviously), and I have lived in Edmonton, Alberta Canada for the past four years. Edmonton is Canada's northernmost major city, and is about 2.5 hours north of Calgary, which is home to Menagerie, Webmoose, Toirtis and Serlunchbox, among many other illustrious members here. Before I moved to Edmonton, I lived in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, which was about an hour away from the North Dakota border.

I am 24 years old and have been working in the 'real world' for about a year. I work as a Government Relations Advisor for an electricity company, and before that I was a full-time political science student at the University of Alberta. I love my job, but am still adjusting to the fact that I have to be up and functioning at 8:00 am everyday!

Between my boyfriend of 2.5 years and I, we have 6 tanks between us. Two at his place, 3 at mine, and 1 still being set up on my desk at work. It all started with a betta in a bowl and went from there... I don't have any other pets right now because my apartment building doesn't allow it, but when I move I'm hoping to get a cat (even though I'm horribly allergic to them...I'll deal with that problem when I get there :D ).

Ok, I should stop rambling and go back to work!

Thanks, JChillin! I figured with the new tank, I'd be spending a lot more time on here that I have been previously, so it was time to actually introduce myself :D

Fishyfanatic said:
No offense, but it seems like guys really don't know how to handle children until they have their own.

Interesting. You think? When my wife went to London for a week, I handled my 3 and 5 year old girls just fine. All I had to do was water them once a day and turn them towards the sun.

I am a 33-year old attorney in Virginia Beach, Virginia. I am a partner in a general practice firm.

I have been married for 7 years and, as mentioned above, have two girls. I am slowly turning them into little fishyricans, and they currently have their "own" tank which they help me maintain.

Except for a few brief years in law school, I have had fish for about 15 years. I currently also have an empty 75gal in my home office waiting to be turned into a planted tank.

My name is Derek, and I'm 21 years old. I am a working college student, and work on a warehouse dock (hence the name docker). I am currently majoring in.... well it varies from week to week, usually I tell people I'm a history major. I have always had a tank, though most of my life it was through my mom's 49 gallon tank. I also love reptiles and dogs, I currently have one dog (a chocolate lab named Godiva). I live with my fiancee in North Richland Hills, TX. This is also home to our 10 gallon FW tank and a 2 gallon betta tank.

hi, my name's Ashley, im 20 years old, happily married and i live in Florida. I am a full time student Nurse working on my RN, but i plan on eventually getting a Master's in nursing and do practitioning in a pediatric office, i love kid's and babies, but i don't have any yet. I work part time at a local hospital as a Nurse-tech which basically means i get to help the nurses with their procedures. I work all over the hospital but i love working in the ER, its so exciting.
As far as my freetime goes, i really love reading, i am a huge Harry Potter fan, i already have the next book pre-ordered... :jump: Me and my husband also love going to rock/metal concerts. Metallica is our favorite band, but we try to go to as many concerts as we can squeeze in our schedule (and afford! lol)
I love fish, but am also definetly a cat person, i have 3, baby ditzy and scuba. My avatar is actually a picture of babykitty and ditzy. They grew up together and are just like sisters and they really curl up like that all the time.
Right now i have a 55 gallon aquarium that i just recently got going a couple of months aga and I LOVE it. I've always wanted a huge tank, and to me, this is huge, since all i had before was a 5gallon.
sorry, im kind of long winded, lol, i will stop now and leave room for someone else! :bowl:

Back
Top Bottom