AA Member Biographies!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Guys

My mane is Rob. I live just south of Boston Ma. I am a mechanic and when Im not up to my elbows in grease , Im up to my elbows in saltwater. Ive been keeping fresh water fish for years but just got into salt. Married with one Golden Retriever :).

My name is Anne. For 16 years I've been employed in the autobody trade in Saskatchewan. Currently I am the operations manager of the shop I work at.

My first fish was a betta that was given to me as a gift, he was in a vase with a plant, which I didn't like much so I got him a 2 gal betta tank to live in.I got into fish about 18 months ago and have noticed I seem to be becoming obssessed with it. Hmmmm, now I spend tons of time on this website and want to build a room with all fish tanks in it, that my cats can't get into that is! :lol: My cats actually play with the fish through the glass. My angel esp likes to tease the cats, she waits till they put their paws on the glass then darts 2 or 3 inches away and waits again.

For my spare time I like working on cars, woodworking, gardening, home renovations, bike riding, tennis, baseball, and surfing the net. I keep busy pretty much all the time.

I remember labeling Saskatchewan on my Canada map...and never being able to say it...my teacher couldn't say it either.

Nice to "meet" you.

keeeeep 'em commin'

Hi, my name is Giles and I'm from Cape Town, South Africa. I'm 20, and work in the IT dept at a engineering company. Hobbies are cars (just bought my Honda CRX), computers, reading, music...and fish of course. Got introduced to the hobby by a colleague (a salty) but figured FW would be easier to start with. Have 3 tanks, just finished ripping the UGF and gravel out of my original 24g tank and replacing it with sand. Don't think I've felt so happy in months.

kansaschick08 said:
I remember labeling Saskatchewan on my Canada map...and never being able to say it...my teacher couldn't say it either.

Nice to "meet" you.

keeeeep 'em commin'

Nice to "meet" you too. Strangely enough Saskatchewan is pronouced exactly as it is spelt, Sask at chew wan. Of course there is only one "w" but it sounds like 2 when you slowly sound it out. LOL

Hi, My name is Jeff, I am 48 and live in Chandler Arizona. I have been in the Freshy side of Fishkeeping for about 15 years, 2 years in saltwater. I am also the Owner Of Aquatic Hobby Aquarium Supply which we are a sponsor of this wonderful forum, I found this forum about 2 years ago under my user name RancherAZ. Currently I have a 55 gallon Planted Discus tank, 12 gallon nano Reef Tank and a 1 gallon hexagon Betta tank. I am in the planning stages of a inwall 300 gallon Reef Tank which I hope by next year I can get started on. With business growing the way it has been I have been restrained form completing the project. I hope to get an know you all over the time we spend here at AA.

Have Great Day

Hi, my name is Mary Ann. I am a stay at home mom with two kids who recently became school age, yeah!(kindergarten and first grade). So now that I have some extra time I love spending it here as well as watching old Buffy reruns. (Yes I am aware that I may have a wee bit of loser in me but I remain proud.) And in my defense I never watched Buffy when it was on prime-time becasue well- 'cause it was called Buffy and so it had to be stupid. But I now realize Joss Wheadon is a genius. Anyway I have always loved fishing and fish tanks but have been financially and time-wise limited to ten gallons in the past. However I recently got a 55 gallon and to my husbands chagrin I am already talking about another big tank. I thought getting my first "real" tank would satiate my fish hobby for awhile but apparently it just wet my appetite for more. I also have a ten gallon tank with firebelly toads, a ten gallon with a green anole, and another ten gallon full of fish. And a 5 gallon hospital/new fish tank. We also have a cricket tank. And a tank we keep empty in case we catch something outside that we want to keep and observe for a day or so. I have told my husband in the past that all these tanks were for the kids. He isn't really buying that anymore and frankly my kids are pretty bored with mommy's obsession of housing all manner of things behind glass. My dream home is a house full of books and tanks on some sort of waterfront, preferably in the mountains.

My name is Harry & I'm 37 years old :cry: That sounds old now that I see it in black and white! I've been married for 8 years to Kathy. We have four daughters-Kaleigh (7), Rachel (5), Clarissa (4), Caroline (2) and one on the way, due this July. (Don't know if it's a boy or girl. Name choices include: Julia, Allison, Sarah-girls. Harrison, Cameron-boys)

I had some tanks growing up & just recently got back into it a few years ago.

Some other interesting facts:

1. I'm an executive recruiter & work out of my home office.
2. We did home births with all our kids.
3. We home-school.
4. I roast my own coffee.
5. I'm a grad of Kansas University, (Thus, my user name: Jhawk)

This has been a great place to come & get advice! :wink:

:wave:

My name is Chris, I am 24 years old, married and have 2 boys. I have had a fish tank most of my life, including the charcoal and cotton filter ones. I strayed away a little due to boot camp. I was a Marine and while I lived in San Diego (for 3 years) I had a guppy fish bowl in my barracks room (even though there were NO pets allowed). I moved back home to NY and was looking at just getting a 20 gal, but found a good deal on a 55 gal. I set it up originally as a FW, due to wife's impatience :evil: , but soon convinced her to switch to SW :D . I now have 5 tanks (55 gal. SW, 10 gal. FW, 1 gal. Betta, 30 gal. River tank with a frog and turtle), 1 parrot (Nanday Conure named Peca), and one dog (Pomeranian named Rocket Puff). I work for the local Police Dept. as an emergency dispatcher, and the rest of the time, that's not spent on the tanks, is spent on gardens and children.

I'm Theresa. Mother of three, almost 7 year old b/g twins and a 4 year old b. I also babysit three other kids weekdays (explains KRAZYMOM!!). We all love the fish. My husband likes them ok, but I think he's a bit jealous of the time I spend on this website LOL. :D I love this website though, it has taught me a lot already (I'm just a month or so into this aquarium hobby) although I have had bettas for years.

Let's hear it for another mother of twins! My (extremely) fraternal twins are 4 1/2 and when they make it to 7 I will really feel like I have accomplished something... Rock on! :D

TankGirl said:
Let's hear it for another mother of twins! My (extremely) fraternal twins are 4 1/2 and when they make it to 7 I will really feel like I have accomplished something... Rock on! :D

Well at least you are way past the diaper stage!!!

I forgot to add a few things about myself. I'm 1/2 way through college (kids interrupted that!) and am going to go back to finish my RN degree when my youngest goes to school. I'm 35 (can that be right??) and married for 12 years. We each have our own businesses, mine is daycare at our home and my husband has his own Golf Green business where he sells and installs synthetic greens and lawn turf. We have a cat "Yoda" and 2 dogs "Chaos and Timber" and three hermit crabs the kids got for Christmas from their uncle. I also have a stepdaughter and a grandson. I love to make things (whatever needs to be made??) and sew. I used to love to read but haven't had a lot of time for that since I have a hard time putting books down till I'm done, I can't ignore my family for that long!!

Hi! My name is Ro, I'm married for 28 years with 2 grown children. I'm from NJ, and between April and October my husband and I are avid boaters. I'm a newbie to this board, so please bear with me while I find my way around in here. I'm a computer operator, and I kept a 29 gal fw tank in my office, with my Oscar, who was my companion here at work. Well, the company's been sold, my last day here is 6/30, and Oscar definitly outgrew his tank, so I took him home to his new 75 gal tank. He now lives with 1 clown knife, 2 convicts, 1 crown jewel, 1 jack dempsey and a pleco. I know, they will all get big, but I'll upgrade as the need arises. I just love the cichlids! The knife fish was my lfs's idea, but he's great. I also have a cat named Blue, who just loves to just sit and stare at the tank. I also like to read, right now I'm on a James Patterson kick. I just finished Honeymoon and started 1st to Die. I'm taking the summer off, no job hunting for me, so I'll have time to relax, read, hang on my boat, play with my fish and become really lazy. 8)

Hey, I'm Matt and I'm 28. I am addicted to AA! I set up my sw tank only 6 weeks ago and I learn like 10 new things every day. I am in the Air Force (7 years) and work on avionics systems on the C-17. Originally from PA, moved to Charleston SC for 5 years (I want to retire there), and now stationed in NJ - living in Philly.

Ro-

I'm taking the summer off, no job hunting for me, so I'll have time to relax, read, hang on my boat, play with my fish and become really lazy. Cool

:hat: Enjoy the summer off! I wish I could join you.

Hi!
my name is Jeremy, I'm 25 ... Also addicted to AA!!!
I have a beautiful 6 month old daughter named Berlyn (see the "what do you look like thread"). I live in Spring Hill, FL! I work for American Express Corporate Travel in Tampa and have been in the travel industry for 7 years! I am engaged to a beautiful woman named Jodi and we just bought our first house together. I recently set up my first saltwater tank and I LOVE it ... I have had freshwater my whole life!
I grew up in Pueblo, CO and moved to Florida when I was 15 ... BIG CHANGE!!!! I wouldn't leave for anything now. I enjoy my Fish, Art, Concerts, and spending time with my family.

That's the short of it!!!!

Jermz

Back
Top Bottom