AA Member Biographies!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My name is Steven and I am 16 years old. I live in the UK and have just left school :D, I am starting college in september. 8O Any way my hobbies are mainly going out with my friends, and well of course my fish. I am a pain when it comes to them as I love to change my tanks, fish decor etc .... The best bit of keeping fish to me is breeding them and having them raise there fry etc .... I love watching the stages of breeding. I am currently job hunting but I aint likely to get any thing as I will only be working for about 5/6 weeks LOL :lol: . I live with my mam and brother. I have had a girlfriend for nearly 3 years :D :multi: I also have 2 rabbits and 2 hamsters, along with my 3 fish tanks. Hopefully I will be getting a bigger tank soon. My cousen owns 2 33 gal tanks and a 6ft tank 8O thats what got me wanting to keep tropical fish. And my dad use to have 2 tanks. So eventually I hope to have a 6ft tank to 8) :lol:

howdy,

I am Jeremy from Maryland. I got my first fish tank when I was 5. It was a disaster, I had a 3 gallon aquarium with 2 large garden pond koi in it - of course they died. Things improved after that and by the time I was 8-9 I was breeding African Cichlids and selling them to local fish stores.

By the time I was out of high school I was into Discus, Plants, Saltwater fish only tanks and reef tanks and have been nuts about aquariums for about as long as I can remember.

I work for my Dad's company DCL HomeWorks LLC. (http://www.dclhomeworks.com) as Assistant Director and am a Junior in college. I am transferring to a new school and I study Juvenile Justice, and Criminal Law. Ive been able to turn my girl friend of 2 years into somewhat of an aquarium addict, starting when I bought her a 20 gallon aquarium set-up for her birthday.

I write part time for FAMA Magazine, and have for a year or two - mainly just 1 or 2 articles here and there. I am starting a column of my own that will be in the October 2005 issue of FAMA, the column will be called "Below the Surface." It looks like it may end up being a monthly column in the magazine.

I am always looking to chat with fellow hobbysits online. Other than fish I like Mountain Biking, Snow Skiing, Computer and PS2 Games so on and so forth. I even have a myspace (http://www.myspace.com/jeremy_2005) so if you want to chat fish hit me on AIM macman7010 .

bye.

oh and I have a german short haired pointer and my parents raise quarter horses. and that creature on my icon is a megladon shark - I am one of those weirdos that think they still swim in the oceans - even though most palentologists think they were extinct millions of years ago. Yeah I believe in the loch ness monster and champ too!

Hi everyone,

My names Matt and im 19 from Sydney Australia. I'm a manager for the 2nd largest cinema chain in the country and recently left "university/college" to which i was studying criminal law.. (who knows why i left), I'm still very keen on completing my studies but I have plenty of time for that. I own x2 SW tanks and love my pet moray eels. I love scuba diving, wildlife photography, and going out with mates.. As SW fishkeeping is somewhat new to friends n family of mine I am known as the fishboy at work, and freak at home.. My mum has told me why dont we just convert the ground floor of our home into an ocean and fill it up with saltwater... I say.. thats very feasible.. hmmm..

I get the same from my family and friends. If I had the money, I would live underwater. I just rearranged all the furniture in my house to add another 30 gal tank.

I'm Dave from Winston-Salem,NC.. 49 years young :)
I love fast cars, fish keeping and photography. I'm single by choice, own a small business and work from home.

Thx,

Dave

Hello all,

My name is Joseph. I'm a 22 year old father of two (3 year old and 18 month old). I've been married to my wife for just over 4 (long. Heh!) years now. I grew up in Idaho and moved to East Texas at 14 (dad was transferred with the railroad). I moved to New Mexico in 2002 as a job transfer and I'm now on my way back to Texas for the same reason (wish they would make up their mind). I work as a software engineer (Sr. Application Developer - Client/Server/Web) for the second largest Blue Cross and Blue Shield plan in the nation (H.C.S.C. - Includes Illinois, Texas, New Mexico, and Oklahoma). I've been with the company for 4 years, but won't be there much longer. Now that we're going "home", my wife will be finishing her degree. After which, we will swap roles and I will become the full-time student. I'm looking forward to that. No work and a breeze through school. :wink: I currently have just one tank: a 29 gal with 2 goldies and a clown pleco. I was planning on a 55 gal cichlid, but for the next year (while we're still renting), that has to be put on hold. :cry:

So that's about it. Probably more than you would like to hear, but that's my story.... and I'm sticking to it.

hey! I've been here ALMOST a month, for those of you that don't know me, My name is Alex. Sudz is the short form of my last name, Sudnikowicz
I'm 20, And currently attending Sheridan College in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. I'm in Systems analysis, and hopefully will be out in the workforce by december next year!

Sooo with that in mind, almost everything i do with my fishtank from now on will be DIY, As i'm on the student budget. I saved up 8 months to finally get my brand new 44 gallon perfecto pent. I'm planning to have rainbowfish and perhaps the gourami.
I've got a girlfriend of 4 months, and i'm pretty sure i've almost scared her off a few times with my "fishyness"
Woe is the life of an aquarium addict.

Tank setups:

Right now, everything is in limbo, i've recently recieved my 44 gallon, and cycled it with haste. Everything is good to go, i'm just waiting for some parts/decorations! Woe is the life of a student who can only afford to get things shipped by eco parcel post.

My 10 gallon has (with some currently on loan to my 44 gallon)

7 neon tetra's
1 chinese algae eater
1 african dwarf frog
1 cherry barb

my 44 gallon has:
1 2'' clown loach.
ATM it has 3 neons and the cherry barb from my 10 gallon to get it goin.

uhhh, other then that, I'm an avid reader, computer g33k, and LOVE to bike (dirtbike, and mountian bike) Love my music too, I play the piano, Baritone, Trombone, and i've dabbled with the trumpet, clarinet, Tuba, and guitar.

Right now i'm working a co-op term at Kellogg Canada (the cereal company)
I'm an IT guy, and i'm enjoying it quite a bit, and have been asked to come back for my summer term! Quite an honor!

I'm quite willing to trade plant clippings with people, ESPICALLY in a month or so, when my 44 gallon starts to flourish. (and i get my lights)

Hi All, name's Christopher. 26 ish... That's my story and I'm sticking with it. As for me, between fish and computers that just about all the hobbies I can support at one time. Right now my planted 50G is getting most of my attention when I'm not at work, playing video games, or spending time with my Fiancée that I asked on the 16th of September and she said yes.

When It comes to computers, I work support for Hewlett-Packard M-F 170 hours a week it seems. But it gives me time to be on a computer and post here so it's not all that bad.

Ok here goes. My name is anthony, im 30 years old, divorced with one daughter who is currently 18 months old. I work as a warehouse supervisor for a wholesale pool company. live in the mobile alabama area, and like alot of you i spend a whole lot of time here on AA. Great site, great people on it. Have quite a few tanks set up, and probably going to buy many many more, classic case of mts going here. been keeping fish for about 5 years now. Still not brave enough to get into a SW tank, but i might one day, if i ever get my dream tank that is.

^_^...My name is Andrew.I am 13 years old.I started the aquarium hobby at age 5.I have 2 aquariums set-up(one 30 gallon that I have to tear down soon and a 2 gallon which has a betta).I go to Chaboya Middle School and I am in my second year of middle school(eighth grade).I was born in the Philippines and moved to the U.S when I was three.I lived in L.A for one year and when I was four I moved to a small city in Southern California called Victorville.I lived there till I was 11,during there I had lots of pets(frogs,turtles,fish,hamsters,birds,salamanders,newts,etc.).Then after fifth grade I moved to nortthern california because my mom had high blood pressure and all my family lived in northern california and to make sure she is okay they made us move up there.When I moved there I lost lots of my fish and my turtle that I had for four years passed away( :cry: ).I suffered alot of fish and pet losses.But after a few months I started up on the aquarium hobby again,but I ended up starting out bad.Then after one year of decline I found out about AA and I am in my place now in the aquarium hobby. :D

Hello all I am Melissa I am 30 years old.......stripes the eel "Matt" I am old huh....Joking. I am a proud Mommy of two boys. I am oh so happily married to Brenden on here. His name is Brian our son's name is Brenden and our other son is Timmy. They keep me oh so busy! I lived in Pennsylvania up until 5 years ago and now I live in great North Carolina. I love it here! I am a stay at home mommy and fell in love with our Salt water monster and all in it! Its some hard work but my hubby is on it. Thanks to all you great people!

Ok My Turn

My Name is Wade, I am 28, I am a Scorpio, I like long walks on the beach, Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain,,,,,,,,

Wait thats the other Bio..........

Lets see, I am a former Marine form Kansas, I fell in love with the ocean while learning to Scuba dive in Japan. After getting out of the Corps, I worked for a Scuba Charter company in North Carolina for a year. In 2001 I came back to KS to go to school at Kansas State University for Aeronautical Technology, which is a smarty pants way of saying "Aircraft Mechanic"
Since I was in love with the ocean and stranded in KS, the only next option was to bring the ocean to me. So I got into SW tanks.
Now I have to tear the tank down and trust it with a friend, I have joined the National Guard and I am going to Iraq.

Just as well though, the 35g just want big enough. In fact I dont think I will be happy till I live in a underwater habitat somewhere. I figure in the long run it will save me money by not needing test kits and buckets of "Instant Ocean"!!!!

Great thread

Wade

I just found this thread, but I'll post here right under the other Devil-Dog . . .OOH RAH, stainless!

I am Eric and I'm 37 and live in Grand Ledge, Michigan with my wife and 4 kids (3 boys - 11, 10 and 7, Girl - 16) I spent most of my life (30 years of it) in Raleigh, North Carolina with the exception of college where I went to Appalachian State University in Boone, NC (hello rubysoho!!), and the time I spent in the Marine Corps where most all of my service was spent with the Presidential Helicopter Squadron (you've all heard of Marine One I hope) in Quantico, Virginia. After getting out of the Corps in '97, my wife and I moved back down to Raleigh where we stayed until about a year ago. My wife's company offered her an opportunity to come up here and manage a store which we took because this is where her and all her family are from. So after all those years in the warm south, I am acclimating myself to the Tundra we call Michigan.

I have my own business designing and building websites for small local businesses and small family websites and also computer repairs. I also do some freelance writing. My wife is a store manager for a large retail video game company with her teeth in a District Management position. She enjoys her work and I enjoy being the "housewife" so to speak, so it all works out for us. We got our first tank (the 55 Gal) about 8 months ago when a friend of ours was moving and wanted to get rid of his setup, so he gave us the tank, cabinet, and lighting unit. We set it up in December and we've been hooked ever since. AA was the first place I found for help online and I've stuck with it and intend to keep doing so . . . LOVE the place!

Nice idea, Shannon . . .and so nice to have met you the other day . . .good job!

Back
Top Bottom