Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-27-2005, 11:31 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via MSN to tracygh Send a message via Yahoo to tracygh
Well I hope I'm not too new or too late to jump on this train, it looks like fun!

I've read all the bios posted so far and have much in common with many of you.

My name is Tracy (I bet that was a real hard one to guess,huh?) ANd I am a 32 year old stay at home mom in Alliston Ontario Canada. I have 4 kids, 3, 6, 12 and 15 (2 boys in the middle and girls on each end) I have a cat named Swiper (anybody watch Dora the explorer? LOL) and a dog named Bear, he is a german shepherd/chow cross. I am new to the aquarium hobby and have a 30-something gallon tank of varied fish that have been dying on my all week

My hubby of 16 years works for Honda, he builds Civics, Pilots, the new Ridgeline trucks, Oddessy's and Acura MDX's

I used to live out west, in Canmore Alberta, so I am wondering what restaurant Serlunchbox is a chef in, we used to go "up the city" quite regularly. I have a sister in law in Edmonton too.

What else can I tell you? I like to surf the net, scrapbook, read, interior decorating, shopping etc.

This is fun, thanks for starting the thread!

*of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most*
tracygh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 06:01 PM   #52
oh thank you for posting on it! i was reading your post durring Spanish class and my teacher told me to put my PDA away... (i have internet cappabilities on my pda, her room is the only room i can get conection in.)

very nice to meet ya
Old 04-29-2005, 11:41 AM   #53
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hmmm Bio's...
I like these....

I am a 29 year old stay at home mom, with one daughter. My husband has two girls from a pervious marriage that are here every other weekend.
I just got two new Jack Russell Terriers, Fender *male, 9mos* & Bailey *female, 5mos* they both are keeping me very busy.
I grew up around aquariums, my father had one, and I loved it. I went for many years with no pets at all and was miserable. I now have 5 tanks that keep me very busy trying to keep up with water changes...you know the story

My Husband is a manager for United Parcel Service. Works some crazy hours and drives me nuts with his job. But hes a good guy and a great father.
I used to be an EMT/Firefighter, and office manager for a local car repair shop, but decided to hang it up to spend time with my daughter. I didnt like paying someone else to raise her. Not to mention the stress it put on my Mom knowing I would run into a building that everyone else was running out of...

I grew up in Northern California, lived in Nashville TN for a few years, went back to CA for a bit, then moved to Washington DC. I have made my way west from DC, to find myself in this stick of a town... but I love it here.
My husband is retiring in a little less then 7 years and we are currently looking for property in Jamaica... or someplace comparable. All that should coincide with the kids getting in college... once they are out, we are painting the house & changing the locks... maybe then they cant figure out which house it is to come back to...

I think thats about it for me...
Melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:16 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice Freak
So it just occurs to me that I never did one of these (and I never got around to posting a thread in the 'Welcome Wagon' forum either...which is pretty bad consideirng I've been a member for more than a year).

My name is Sara (obviously), and I have lived in Edmonton, Alberta Canada for the past four years. Edmonton is Canada's northernmost major city, and is about 2.5 hours north of Calgary, which is home to Menagerie, Webmoose, Toirtis and Serlunchbox, among many other illustrious members here. Before I moved to Edmonton, I lived in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, which was about an hour away from the North Dakota border.

I am 24 years old and have been working in the 'real world' for about a year. I work as a Government Relations Advisor for an electricity company, and before that I was a full-time political science student at the University of Alberta. I love my job, but am still adjusting to the fact that I have to be up and functioning at 8:00 am everyday!

Between my boyfriend of 2.5 years and I, we have 6 tanks between us. Two at his place, 3 at mine, and 1 still being set up on my desk at work. It all started with a betta in a bowl and went from there... I don't have any other pets right now because my apartment building doesn't allow it, but when I move I'm hoping to get a cat (even though I'm horribly allergic to them...I'll deal with that problem when I get there ).

Ok, I should stop rambling and go back to work!
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:28 PM   #55
AA Team Emeritus
Well...Happy belated "Welcome Aboard" Sara!
Jchillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:35 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Freak
Thanks, JChillin! I figured with the new tank, I'd be spending a lot more time on here that I have been previously, so it was time to actually introduce myself
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:39 PM   #57
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Originally Posted by Fishyfanatic
No offense, but it seems like guys really don't know how to handle children until they have their own.
Interesting. You think? When my wife went to London for a week, I handled my 3 and 5 year old girls just fine. All I had to do was water them once a day and turn them towards the sun.

I am a 33-year old attorney in Virginia Beach, Virginia. I am a partner in a general practice firm.

I have been married for 7 years and, as mentioned above, have two girls. I am slowly turning them into little fishyricans, and they currently have their "own" tank which they help me maintain.

Except for a few brief years in law school, I have had fish for about 15 years. I currently also have an empty 75gal in my home office waiting to be turned into a planted tank.
Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. -Pericles

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of Liberty -JFK
fishyrican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 11:37 PM   #58
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via AIM to Docker66
My name is Derek, and I'm 21 years old. I am a working college student, and work on a warehouse dock (hence the name docker). I am currently majoring in.... well it varies from week to week, usually I tell people I'm a history major. I have always had a tank, though most of my life it was through my mom's 49 gallon tank. I also love reptiles and dogs, I currently have one dog (a chocolate lab named Godiva). I live with my fiancee in North Richland Hills, TX. This is also home to our 10 gallon FW tank and a 2 gallon betta tank.
Docker66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 04:37 PM   #59
hi, my name's Ashley, im 20 years old, happily married and i live in Florida. I am a full time student Nurse working on my RN, but i plan on eventually getting a Master's in nursing and do practitioning in a pediatric office, i love kid's and babies, but i don't have any yet. I work part time at a local hospital as a Nurse-tech which basically means i get to help the nurses with their procedures. I work all over the hospital but i love working in the ER, its so exciting.
As far as my freetime goes, i really love reading, i am a huge Harry Potter fan, i already have the next book pre-ordered... Me and my husband also love going to rock/metal concerts. Metallica is our favorite band, but we try to go to as many concerts as we can squeeze in our schedule (and afford! lol)
I love fish, but am also definetly a cat person, i have 3, baby ditzy and scuba. My avatar is actually a picture of babykitty and ditzy. They grew up together and are just like sisters and they really curl up like that all the time.
Right now i have a 55 gallon aquarium that i just recently got going a couple of months aga and I LOVE it. I've always wanted a huge tank, and to me, this is huge, since all i had before was a 5gallon.
sorry, im kind of long winded, lol, i will stop now and leave room for someone else!
Old 05-16-2005, 06:39 PM   #60
very very interesting...keep 'em commin' folks.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com