Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-16-2005, 09:41 PM   #61
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hi Guys

My mane is Rob. I live just south of Boston Ma. I am a mechanic and when Im not up to my elbows in grease , Im up to my elbows in saltwater. Ive been keeping fresh water fish for years but just got into salt. Married with one Golden Retriever .

Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering?
I think so Brain, but there's still a bug in there from last time.
aquanaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 08:17 PM   #62
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Aquanut, I love your sig!

Old 05-21-2005, 02:02 PM   #63
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
My name is Anne. For 16 years I've been employed in the autobody trade in Saskatchewan. Currently I am the operations manager of the shop I work at.

My first fish was a betta that was given to me as a gift, he was in a vase with a plant, which I didn't like much so I got him a 2 gal betta tank to live in.I got into fish about 18 months ago and have noticed I seem to be becoming obssessed with it. Hmmmm, now I spend tons of time on this website and want to build a room with all fish tanks in it, that my cats can't get into that is! My cats actually play with the fish through the glass. My angel esp likes to tease the cats, she waits till they put their paws on the glass then darts 2 or 3 inches away and waits again.

For my spare time I like working on cars, woodworking, gardening, home renovations, bike riding, tennis, baseball, and surfing the net. I keep busy pretty much all the time.

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 10:10 AM   #64
kansaschick08

I remember labeling Saskatchewan on my Canada map...and never being able to say it...my teacher couldn't say it either.

Nice to "meet" you.

keeeeep 'em commin'
Old 05-26-2005, 06:42 AM   #65
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hi, my name is Giles and I'm from Cape Town, South Africa. I'm 20, and work in the IT dept at a engineering company. Hobbies are cars (just bought my Honda CRX), computers, reading, music...and fish of course. Got introduced to the hobby by a colleague (a salty) but figured FW would be easier to start with. Have 3 tanks, just finished ripping the UGF and gravel out of my original 24g tank and replacing it with sand. Don't think I've felt so happy in months.
draX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 09:02 PM   #66
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaschick08
I remember labeling Saskatchewan on my Canada map...and never being able to say it...my teacher couldn't say it either.

Nice to "meet" you.

keeeeep 'em commin'
Nice to "meet" you too. Strangely enough Saskatchewan is pronouced exactly as it is spelt, Sask at chew wan. Of course there is only one "w" but it sounds like 2 when you slowly sound it out. LOL

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 10:21 PM   #67
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Hi, My name is Jeff, I am 48 and live in Chandler Arizona. I have been in the Freshy side of Fishkeeping for about 15 years, 2 years in saltwater. I am also the Owner Of Aquatic Hobby Aquarium Supply which we are a sponsor of this wonderful forum, I found this forum about 2 years ago under my user name RancherAZ. Currently I have a 55 gallon Planted Discus tank, 12 gallon nano Reef Tank and a 1 gallon hexagon Betta tank. I am in the planning stages of a inwall 300 gallon Reef Tank which I hope by next year I can get started on. With business growing the way it has been I have been restrained form completing the project. I hope to get an know you all over the time we spend here at AA.

Have Great Day
Old 06-01-2005, 02:31 PM   #68
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hi, my name is Mary Ann. I am a stay at home mom with two kids who recently became school age, yeah!(kindergarten and first grade). So now that I have some extra time I love spending it here as well as watching old Buffy reruns. (Yes I am aware that I may have a wee bit of loser in me but I remain proud.) And in my defense I never watched Buffy when it was on prime-time becasue well- 'cause it was called Buffy and so it had to be stupid. But I now realize Joss Wheadon is a genius. Anyway I have always loved fishing and fish tanks but have been financially and time-wise limited to ten gallons in the past. However I recently got a 55 gallon and to my husbands chagrin I am already talking about another big tank. I thought getting my first "real" tank would satiate my fish hobby for awhile but apparently it just wet my appetite for more. I also have a ten gallon tank with firebelly toads, a ten gallon with a green anole, and another ten gallon full of fish. And a 5 gallon hospital/new fish tank. We also have a cricket tank. And a tank we keep empty in case we catch something outside that we want to keep and observe for a day or so. I have told my husband in the past that all these tanks were for the kids. He isn't really buying that anymore and frankly my kids are pretty bored with mommy's obsession of housing all manner of things behind glass. My dream home is a house full of books and tanks on some sort of waterfront, preferably in the mountains.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:24 PM   #69
Aquarium Advice Activist

My name is Harry & I'm 37 years old That sounds old now that I see it in black and white! I've been married for 8 years to Kathy. We have four daughters-Kaleigh (7), Rachel (5), Clarissa (4), Caroline (2) and one on the way, due this July. (Don't know if it's a boy or girl. Name choices include: Julia, Allison, Sarah-girls. Harrison, Cameron-boys)

I had some tanks growing up & just recently got back into it a few years ago.

Some other interesting facts:

1. I'm an executive recruiter & work out of my home office.
2. We did home births with all our kids.
3. We home-school.
4. I roast my own coffee.
5. I'm a grad of Kansas University, (Thus, my user name: Jhawk)

This has been a great place to come & get advice!

Old 06-11-2005, 11:54 AM   #70
Aquarium Advice Freak

My name is Chris, I am 24 years old, married and have 2 boys. I have had a fish tank most of my life, including the charcoal and cotton filter ones. I strayed away a little due to boot camp. I was a Marine and while I lived in San Diego (for 3 years) I had a guppy fish bowl in my barracks room (even though there were NO pets allowed). I moved back home to NY and was looking at just getting a 20 gal, but found a good deal on a 55 gal. I set it up originally as a FW, due to wife's impatience , but soon convinced her to switch to SW . I now have 5 tanks (55 gal. SW, 10 gal. FW, 1 gal. Betta, 30 gal. River tank with a frog and turtle), 1 parrot (Nanday Conure named Peca), and one dog (Pomeranian named Rocket Puff). I work for the local Police Dept. as an emergency dispatcher, and the rest of the time, that's not spent on the tanks, is spent on gardens and children.

55 gal cycling. Will be FOWLR.
haus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bio

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com