Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-14-2005, 07:56 PM   #1

AA Member Biographies!!

So I have been thinking...since the AA advisors have a place to write a biography about theirselves...soooo I thought that us members should have a spot to write what about us!

I will start.

My name is Shannon, I live in a town out side of Austin. I am 15 years old and I am a freshman in highschool. I have a 10 gallon fresh water tank with mollies and a red eyed tetra, and soon to be maybe more colorful fishies. I am officially addicted to reading this site, even though I don't post much on it. I read it at school durring a computer class when we have free time, and people around me start reading...with me. I have two sisters, one is married and has a child, and she is 20. My other sister is 17 and lives at home...I can't wait till she goes to college
Old 03-14-2005, 08:12 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

oooo this is cool!

My name is Nicole. I am a Junior at Appalachian State University in Boone, NC. I've been riding horses since I was 9 years old and plan on making it a career. However, as a back up, I am a Broadcasting Major and am the current Sales Director at WASU-FM which is my college's radio station. I hope to be Station Manager next year. As for fish, I love them. Catfish are my favorite. I eventually want a HUGE tank for a few species of catfish that have stolen my heart. I also have two female gerbils who are very cute and one day I'll hopefully have as many animals as Menagerie (not including horses).

Old 03-14-2005, 08:17 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Great Idea!!
Old 03-14-2005, 08:21 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Great idea!

Name is Bill. Former Law Enforcement Officer now employed as an Investigator/Manager of Security for a large financial firm. Started in the hobby a few months ago, ran into some problems and found AA during an APB for help on the net.

Married with two adult children (both boys), two cats (one dumb, the other stupid) and my 30g tall FW tank. I am currently getting ready to set up a 75 gal lightly planted cichlid tank.

I spend an enormous amount of time here at AA (but who wouldn't). I recently attended a field trip to the Museum of Natural History here in NY and met several AA members in person. One of the most exciting trips I've ever attended.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:32 PM   #5
kansaschick08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchillin
I spend an enormous amount of time here at AA (but who wouldn't). I recently attended a field trip to the Museum of Natural History here in NY and met several AA members in person. One of the most exciting trips I've ever attended.
Thanks y'all, I spend all of my time on AA..and chatting on the net, but this is like the only fourm that I have ever stuck with...for this long, i love it.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:39 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Kathy, 40, three grown daughters, two smaller step kids, 3 granddaughters under 2. Aircraft electrician by day, AA addictee by night. Enjoy reading(Stephen King and Dean Koontz mostly). 1 cat who also loves fish. And one husband who is addicted to Everquest.
http://www.aquarank.com/in.php?id=fishfree
electrikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 08:41 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to thanew
hrm...

my name is thane, I'm a 19 year old sophomore from Southern California (San Bernardino). I go to school in Orange (in Orange County) at Chapman University. Umm, I love computers (Computer Information Systems is my major), fish, and just about anything else a college dude likes. I own 6 tanks ranging from 5 gallons to 55, from african dwarf frogs to clown fish. I started a couple years ago with just some goldfish, sadly I didn't know anything then, the newbie things; "what is cycling," water changes, etc.. Now I guess I'm not a newbie, but someone sort of versed in this whole thing. I'm trying to teach my parents more about taking care of fish, they are interested in them but do not seem to want to do the upkeep

anyways, thats all

-thane
-1 Blue peacock
-1 Syno Cat
thanew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 09:14 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

This feels like confession. lol

Well, my name is Cindy. I'm 35 and a stay at home mother of two. A daughter and son. Love rpg games and the sims but seldom play anymore. Been married 18 yrs this year to an incredible guy who supports me totally. I currently have 12 tanks. 4sw 8 fw. I spend all my spare time working in my tanks. My other passion is my dogs. I have six dogs. Two mutts, three poodles and a rottweiler. I also enjoy reading and collecting Stephen King and Anne Rice novels.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:41 PM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Well, my name is Lindsay. I'm 19 and from Frederick, Maryland, born and raised. I'm a fraternal twin (8 minutes older than my brother) and have a sister who is 18. As most of you know, I'm a Wal-Marter. Started there when I was 16, worked my way to management. I took over the pet and live fish department about a year ago, and turned it from worst in the district (7 stores) to number 2 in the Region (76 stores), and for that I'm kinda proud.

Got my first tank about 2 years ago, just beacuse I wanted one. Thought it was awesome and got another. Then got rid of them all to get myself a larger tank, and things just kept growing from there. I had to dwindle myself down to just the 5 tanks I have now, beacuse I can't expand farther than my bedroom.

I'm a sophomore in college majoring in Biology, looking to transfer possibly to Arizona when I get my degree. When I'm not workin' at the W, or at school, I'm an avid Laser Stormer, although I haven't been a while. I co-own/sponsor a car and racing club with my brother and a few friends.

That's a little about me.... 8)

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 10:30 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Psyhampster Send a message via Yahoo to Psyhampster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff
This feels like confession
Ya, it really does!

Hi, my name is Ryan, and I'm an aquaraholic. I'm 14, and live in Minneapolis. I enjoy Fish, reading, RPG games(Baten Kaitos, Final Fantasy, Tales of Symphonia), Computer games, mainly RTS(Rise of Nations, Age of Empires, Civilization 3), and playing Futsal(type of soccer).
I'm gonna be taking 2, maybe more, AP classes in HighSchool, and once I hit college, majoring in somthing computers. I'm currently working on History Day, which is severly limiting my AA time. 3 Tanks, 5 gal, 20 Gal, and 30 Gal, all FW.

Thats all folks!

http://www.aquarank.com/images/users/1.gif Vote For Us!

20 gal FW
----------
2 Flame Blue Platies, 2 Micky Mouse Platies, 2 Flame Gold Platies, 1 German Blue Ram, 2 Yo-Yo Loaches

30 gal FW
--------

1 Marble Hatchet, 5 Silver Hatchets, 6 Zebra Danios, 2 Dwarf Gouramis, 2 Fancy Guppies, 1 Yo-Yo Loach
Psyhampster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bio

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com