Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
AA Secret Santa

Ok I just wanna start off with this forum really is like a 2nd family and has helped deal with many, many problems lol. So with that said I thought I would see what everybody thought about doing an AA secret santa. Nothing major, we could keep a small budget like $20-$50 for a gift. We could send things like food gift baskets for their fish or gifts for the actually person but either way I think it could be fun and on the new year we could open a thread and post our gifts but keep it completely anonymous. Hope to get everybody's feedback and to be truthful I have a lot of faith in people holding to the honor system on here

Old 09-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
come get me tang police!

Hi everyone. After much deliberation the site staff has decided to stop this thread.

The main line of reasoning is because it invites many issues. We've seen problems (many recent) both here and elsewhere with people getting ripped off or scammed as a result of 'good faith' trading on the internet, and because of that we don't want to promote the environment that allows these types of things to thrive.

This isn't saying that the people involved in the thread are doing anything unethical at all, I personally know most, if not all of you well enough to be comfortable doing some sort of trade. However, when you leave this kind of exchange open to the public, it also means you might let in the random guy/girl who just wants to get a free gift.

I'm sure this kind of secret santa type exchange can be further worked over and modified in a way to help reduce/eliminate the chances of someone getting ripped off, but even still it's not something the site staff and forum wants to be complicit in by allowing it to be hosted here.

You guys are more than welcome to communicate via PM or chat to continue this program, we just can't have any more threads about it.

Thanks for your understanding and if you have any questions or comments you can direct them to me, the help desk, or the other site staff.

Dont Forget to Join my FREE weekly Plant Giveaway.
Click Here!
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com