Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-18-2005, 02:52 PM   #121

Important, the deal so far!

First, no special tour, I couldn't get anything extra without paying $$$, so I just went with the standard admission, group rates.

I needed to give them an approximate head count, so I said 25. We MUST have at least 15 paying people in the group, I think that's been established as no problem.

Here are the group rates:
Adults: $16.00
Seniors (ages 60 and up): $13.25
Students (ages 12 to 18 ): $10.75
Children (ages 3 to 11): $8.75
Under 3, free (Kayla gets in free, fishfreek!)

I didn't ask about tax, there better not be any bloody taxes!*

The reservation is for May 21st, 12:15 (I did not have a lot of choice as to the time, I didn't think we wanted 9am, and 12:15 was the soonest after that). They schedule the Dolphin showtimes, ours is 12:30. After the Dolphin show, we are free to tour the rest of the Aquarium on our own, for as long as we wish!

The reservation is in my name, they will be sending me further details via snail mail. When I receive that, I will post any pertinent information.

As I assumed, I will be responsible for making the deposit and the payment for the group. Each of you will then be responsible for paying me. (obvious, but I had to say it)

Any questions? Comments? Concerns?
If so, post them here or PM me.

Thanks,

Paul

* If there are Any Bloody Taxes I say we stage a revolt, and re-enact the Boston Tea Party in the Baltimore Harbour!

Old 03-18-2005, 11:33 PM   #122
AA Team Emeritus

OK, with the times you mentioned considered, I'm guessing we gotta, or at least might try to figure out what time we eat. Seems like we were leaning towards a place that has the MD blue crabs, other seafood, and regular food as options.

Breaking bread and showing those non-crab folks a few tricks is still in the target range, right ya'll? Oh yeah, those garlic thingies too from the NY contingent. Yeah, learn me something Jchillin. You said I've got a lesson to learn 'bout them garlic thingies.

Who was it again that wants the crab pickin' lesson? I think we'll have a few teachers.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Old 03-18-2005, 11:38 PM   #123
AA Team Emeritus

Your right Ray, we did mention something about munching on crab. Yeah, you do have something to learn about those garlic thingies...LOL.

I think it was QTOFFER who requested the crab picking lesson.

So, since our raid on the Aquarium is a little afternoon, we should meet at a fine dining establishment to get our feedbags on prior to that.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:52 PM   #124
AA Team Emeritus

12:30 dolphin show, grub, then aquarium? Is that possible to leave and do it that way? What time does it close? Guess that'd determine if we can do it that way. Otherwise, it might be a dinner thing afterwards.

I'm thinking we gotta eat and chill together. Crabs, garlic thingies.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Old 03-18-2005, 11:57 PM   #125
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
I'm thinking we gotta eat and chill together. Crabs, garlic thingies.
I believe this is customary in a civiized society.

When us Northerner's did the Museum thing, we entered the Museum, then took a break for lunch and returned to the Museum. I would think that the only obstacle facing us would be seating our group at an establish that could handle us. Reservations may be in order.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:05 AM   #126
Aquarium Advice Addict

It was me who needs those crab picking lessons!
Last time I was in Baltimore, I ordered a dozen of those infernal bugs, and left swearing that next time I would return with a clawhammer and a cordless Dremel!
They were delicious, but alot of work for an inexperienced crab picker like myself - the crab cakes didn't seem quite so expensive after that.

It takes a while to get everyone assembled, seated, and served. If we plan on sining as a group before the aquarium, we should probably meet someplace at around 11. The other option is to have everyone get brunch on their own, meet at the aquarium, and go to a nice seafood place after the aquarium - that way, we won't be pressed for time.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:52 AM   #127
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I agree with QTOFFER. being that my breakfast isnt until 10AM, lunch at 11 would be pushing it. besides...after hiking thru the aquarium I think we all will have worked up an appetite! and I generally dislike time constraints...
While I love crab, I grew up on Dungeness(sp?) crabs, and those parasites they have in the MD bay are way too much work for the price! but I will be happy to help any newbies when I can!
Old 03-19-2005, 07:26 AM   #128
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I dont know how easy it is to leave and re enter. I know they try to control the number of persons in the aquarium so as to give everyone a decent viewing. Last time I was up there for example it was mid morning and they where selling entrance tickets for mid afternoon. They sell X number of tickets for Y entry time and when that number is reached they change the entry time on the tickets being purchased. I think your best bet would be to have an early lunch at 11 or something. Although an hour isnt really much time for a true crab pickin experence. That stuff can run all afternoon.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:14 AM   #129
Aquarium Advice Addict

I agree you will need more than an hour to eat crab.
Also, last year when we were there, they gave us a hand stamp so we could re-enter the aquarium.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:32 AM   #130
Aquarium Advice Addict

What's wrong with a late breakfast and an early dinner? It would be much easier to seat this many people before the restaurants start getting their Saturday night dinner crowds.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com