Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-25-2005, 05:36 PM   #151
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
yes, I will be there! I am so super excited!!

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:09 PM   #152
AA Team Emeritus

Lori - I just received my new AA tote bag and it is large and had a long enough strap so you can carry it on your shoulder, and if you aren't into the logo T-shirt you could carry the bag instead, since it has the logo on it.

I'm going to carry that instead of a purse, and I can fit plenty of stuff like cameras and maps and gift shop stuff.

Old 03-29-2005, 05:54 PM   #153
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
hey, that's a great idea!!

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:21 PM   #154
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Hows the quality of the bag? Thats one of the items I havent seen in person (yet).

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:30 PM   #155
AA Team Emeritus

Very nice bag - not as heavy as one of those LL Bean type bags but not too lightweight. I have several of this kind of canvas tote and I like this one because the straps are long enough to go over your shoulder, which many of this size are not. It is also nice because it has the two different logos, one on each side of the bag. I'm stylin'
Old 04-09-2005, 09:41 PM   #156

Updated info:

(My wife wrote this with me, anything that contradicts what I wrote earlier is her.. I mean MY fault!)

Info on National Aquarium in Baltimore visit....

DATE: May 21, 2005
PLACE: National Aquarium in Baltimore (dah)
TIME: 12:00 (Noon) - group meet at entrance to Aquarium
12:15 - allowed to enter Aquarium
12:30 - Dolphin Show
COST: Adults: $16.00
Seniors (ages 60 and up): $13.25
Students (ages 12 to 18 ) $10.75
Children (ages 3 to 11): $8.75

Please let me know if anyone attending is under 18 years of age, or 60 and over.

I must send a $75 deposit this week. I can only receive a refund of the deposit if I cancel by April 30, 2005. Have to pay balance at door on 5/21. So mail me your checks and then I will just pay the balance due on May 21 - just to make it easier, also, that way, if you don't show, I'm not stuck with either a loss of $75 or my wife inviting 25 family members. You wouldn't want to see me go through that now, would you?

If I don't receive your check by 4/25, I will let you know and you can tell me if you decided not to join us.

Please mail me your checks ASAP

PM me for mailing address!

Contract Terms and Conditions (if you are into that stuff), and, of course, all terms and conditions subject to change without prior notice (Aquarium policy, not mine)...
1. Visit if self-guided - but I was hoping we would all stay together for most of the day
2. Dolphin show times are not guaranteed and subject to change
3. NO food or beverages in Aquarium
4. Strollers must be checked upon arrival
5. Rates subject to change - but, if they do, my wife will make one of her annoying phone calls regarding our contract - so don't worry about that
6. We must inform central reservations of visitors with disabilities and special needs prior to the visit date
7. No coupons can be used with a group - so don't even bother packing them
8. No more than 10 people can be added to the group count when we get there
9. AND, of course, FOR SECURITY REASONS, NAIB conducts random bag checks. They recommend leaving large and heavy bags-including backpacks-at home. If we can meet up ahead of time, I can stash stuff in my car
10. No bag or coat check at the Aquarium, so what you bring is what you carry with you all day

Old 04-09-2005, 10:39 PM   #157
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Sounds good to me. Im PMing you tonight and check will be off on Monday (assuming I dont forget.

We have a book bag/baby bag that I suppose we will have to get searched. In addition we will have 1 youth under age 18. hehe

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:16 AM   #158

i want to go, but i live all the way in oklahoma

Old 04-10-2005, 12:34 AM   #159
AA Team Emeritus

Rick and I will be bringing two 4-year-olds and one 12-year-old for the underage contingency, and I will mail you a check Monday. I really appreciate you and your wife handling this
Old 04-12-2005, 06:17 PM   #160
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I KNOW that i am going to be there, Hubby said he wanted to go if he has the girls. He is supposed to have them, but he's one of those people that changes his mind. If I send you a check for all five of us, then he backs out, or the kids decide they want to stay at their Moms, is the money refundable?
I know for sure that I WILL be there tho...

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com