AA Trip to the Baltimore Aquarium!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Bill, when in Rome.... :wink: OK, OK...imported garlic knots will go well with crabcakes! :D

I'm looking forward to this trip and meeting some of our Middle Atlantic members. The last time I was in Baltimore was in 2002 for a scientific meeting/course. I spent alot of time checking out the inner harbor, but unfortunately, I never got the chance to visit the aquarium.

If I can get out of here that weekend. I'm in.
You guys can have my crab cakes....yuk!! :lol:

Why bother to waste your time with crab cakes! Yuck! Just go straight to the source, a bushel of crabs and some nice cold beer. YUM!!!!

I think I'm in (waiting to hear on upcoming schedule), I'm only 20 min away! :) Love going to the Baltimore Aquarium. During the winter they have Friday's after 5 deal, where you get in for only$5 after 5 pm. Its usually packed, but its a great way to get in for cheap! It's truly an amazing place!

TankGirl said:
Jchillin, when you get there you will be disturbed by the quiet of the busy city of Baltimore, so I will arrive honking my horn so you will feel more at home. :wink:

Ummm...you're gonna have to do better than that. :wink:

Can you replicate incessant screaming, sirens, people wandering in crosswalks, double parked cars.....

Woah, took me a while to see this one. I'll go for sure, hon!

Jchill, we don't really wanna replicate NYC for you, this is Balmer, the one an ony!

Of course the National Aquarium comes first on the list, but if folks are interested, Fort McHenry (birthplace of our National Anthem) is 5 -10 minutes from the aquarium. Camden Yards is even closer, all kinds of good stuff to see!

I'll get back to this later, time to log off at work now :wink:

Hmmmm, what? All my NY buddies are going? I may have to think about giving up a golf weekend to do this. :D

OK, talked to the wife and it looks like we are in. :)
I just looked at the site and I guess they have a program where you can get a dive tour. Time to break out the gear Tankgirl. :wink:

I've got my gear ready, Kurt - meet my personal algae cleanup crew:

normal_LIZ_SWIM%5B1%5D.jpg

LOL!!! What a cleanup crew. :)
Was that in Ginny Springs, Fl?

I just got done cleaning my tank. See below. :p
(My gear is always ready :wink: )
Seriously if this trip happens, would you be interested in doing the dive?

Attachments

• quarryshark_136.jpg
    quarryshark_136.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 164
That was Crystal River on a frosty January morning (everyone should do that dive!) - the springs make the water warm even though there is ice on the seats of the dive boat.

I'll probably not do the dive in Balmer - just cuz this time I'll want to walk around and see the exhibits, visit with the crew an' all - I think a separate trip to do the dive would be the bomb, though. I had no idea they offered that. I have been there and seen the maintenance crew (or what I assumed were maintenance crew) in there in full dive gear and been so jealous.

Wow. So, so far, we've got...

Me, myself, and I.
Jchillin
QTOFFER
austinsdad
fishfreek
fishfreek's wife (and baby)
TankGirl
TankGirls's husband
Ayesha97 (maybe)
corvuscorax
BrianNY
quarryshark
quarrysharks' wife
bound_for_obx

That's.... 14 people! 15, and we get special group discounts! Hehe.

Glad to see so many people are interested. Gonna be a blast!

I'll probably not do the dive in Balmer - just cuz this time I'll want to walk around and see the exhibits, visit with the crew an' all
Ya, your right, its just if diving is possible.................... :p
That's.... 14 people
Cool, I'll bet there will be more. Especially if you offer the ice cream :p

Devilish, I don't want to be added to your list but, I'll probably be there. With kids and all, you have your 15 people. Yaaay!!

My 3 kids are coming too, though my husband is going to take them through the exhibits separately so I can, in his words, "be with your fishy friends."

I'll probably not do the dive in Balmer

Where are you guys from anyway, using that kinda broken up, messed up English?

It's BAWLEMER!

Quick tutorial, so ya'lls don't sound like obvious visitors...

draff = giraffe
wooder = water
dudney? = doesn't he?
"Djeet?" - ususally responded to by "no, jew?"

Anybody else familiar with the local dialect, pls chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom