Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-13-2005, 12:20 AM   #81
AA Team Emeritus

I'm willing to send in my deposit, and I really appreciate the work being done to get this thing organized!

FF - Kaya has, um, changed, since you updated your avatar.... must be something in the water?

Old 03-13-2005, 12:44 AM   #82
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
I'll send a deposit, no problem.

Old 03-13-2005, 01:43 PM   #83

I'm working with DTurtles on this here trip thingy!

I am working on something with the National AQ staff/media relations, a "behind the scenes" tour. It is FAR from a sure thing so that's all I have to say about that right now. Several of you are bringing your kids, that may present a problem obtaining this type of tour. However, I'll go on record as saying I'd MUCH rather see people there with families and just have us all get the standard look at the place, then exclude anyone on the basis of children.

I don't want to promise something I can't come through on, so don't count on anything besides the standard look right now. I'll be back in contact with them on Wednesday, 3/16, hopefully have more to report after that.

As of yet, no deposit is required, but you are all on the honor system that you will:
a) show up if you've committed to coming, and
b) have your $$ CASH, ready when you get there. You will mess me up if you want to pay with a check or credit/debit card, please don't tick me off!

Edit/add on: May 21st is FIRM at this point. The date will NOT be changed.

Old 03-13-2005, 02:35 PM   #84
AA Team Emeritus

Hats off to you Corvuscorax! (I didn't know the Aquarium was a cash only business).

Some members (such as yours truly) are planning to make it a two day affair rather than rushing in for one day (travel delays would absolutely kill timing). So, browsing through the available hotels/motels and such is probably a good idea for anyone planning something similiar.

Here are some links for those interested:

http://www.hotels.com/process_search...SRC=&MSRC=null
http://www.orbitz.com/App/PerformDat...ltimore+hotels

Some good deals can be found.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:32 PM   #85

The AQ is not cash only, but I'm thinking if we get the group rate, they will want a single payment to cover the whole group. I'm reasonably certain I will be putting that up, and y'all pay me back. I don't take credit cards! I'll take a check if it's a MUST, but would rather not deal with that.

If cash is a problem for ANYONE, please PM me, we'll work something out. I don't want my preferences to keep anyone from coming.

Important!!! I've never organized anything like this in my entire life. If any of you notice me me coming up with stupid ideas, or making obvious blunders, let me know!

You won't hurt my feelings, I'd rather know ahead of time if I have a bad idea, or if something can be done better than what I've mentioned.

Thanks all,

Paul (I think this is the first time I've put my real name out on the main board!)

Edit/addition: as posted earlier, the Aquarium does require 75 bucks as a deposit, I have that covered, don't worry about it.

Figuring out each family's money will be fun, the kid's rate is cheaper than the group rate, and I'm math-lexic! Oh boy, funfunfun!

Old 03-13-2005, 04:56 PM   #86
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Important!!! I've never organized anything like this in my entire life. If any of you notice me me coming up with stupid ideas, or making obvious blunders, let me know!
For someone who claims they have no expertise in this area, you seem to be doing a fine job

You may want to keep a spreadsheet...helps with the math...LOL If you need some help there, PM me.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:07 PM   #87
AA Team Emeritus

Me and the wife hereby commit.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Old 03-13-2005, 05:17 PM   #88
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
As far as figuring out whom everyone is I can suggest if you are one of teh folks who happen to have some AA apparel that you could wear that on the day so we can spot each other.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:23 PM   #89
AA Team Emeritus

I'll be ordering a cap or shirt by then. Good idea.

And might I might add a shameless plug (of my very own - ya'll know me ) for us all to get some gear to wear that day. Can you imagine how we'd be "representing" (as the kids say) this fine organization? A bunch of us with AA apparel on. And not to mention finding each other.

Am I pushin' it? Don't want to go too far w/that if I shouldn't. Just got kinda excited about that vision of us all.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Old 03-13-2005, 05:51 PM   #90

Thanks Jchillin! I may take you up on that offer.
Did you like the term "math-lexic"? I just invented it!

The "wear your AA.com gear" is a good idea, austinsdad. I finally went and ordered some stuff (was dissapointed to see there were no hats available, but not really complaining). You aren't pushin' it, it's a good idea. making it a requirement, now that would be pushin' it!

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com