AA Trip to the Baltimore Aquarium!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilishturtles

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi Folks!

Many people have expressed interests in making a trip to the Baltimore Aquarium. I think this would be great, and if you have never been, it's definitley a trip to make!

So far, The weekend of May 21 looks like a good idea. This way it'll be spring and college will be out, for those students in the group.

So, if you plan on going, please make a reply here on the thread, or PM me.

More details coming in the future, just wanna see how many people would be interested in going, for now 8)

Hope to see you all there!

I am definitely interested. It has been several years since I have been, and it is a fabulous aquarium - a definite must see. Put Rick and I down on your list. :D

I'm in too! :D

On two conditions...we plan a meal of blue crabs into the outing, and one of you Marylandians shows me how to get the @#$&% things open! :twisted:

On two conditions...we plan a meal of blue crabs into the outing, and one of you Marylandians shows me how to get the @#$&% things open!

You betcha QTOFFER. The harbor has got many a great seafood houses! I'll have you a crab pickin' pro before you know it. There is really nothing to it! :wink:

Great to hear you are coming!

For those interested, here is a link the the Aquarium homepage:
http://www.aqua.org/home.html

They also offer group tickets (15 or more people) for $16.00 a piece. So, come on, lets get 15 or more!

I also checked, and their are numerous hotels within walking distance of the aquarium, and millions (well, not millions, but alot) of places to eat and things to do.

That'll be when my P/T lawn service business is jumping, but I want to make it. Will have to play it by ear as we get close to the date.

I got it!! Take off on the F/T job on Friday, do the aquarium on Saturday. I'm in.

And yes. Gotta do the crabs.

Ok, if Andy can not only have blue crab, but also tutors, I want shrimp and written instructions and a brief tutorial and a book on shrimp history and butter and...oh, sorry.
:wink:

Blue crab just isn't first on my agenda. :D

DT - Does MD have anything like garlic knots?

I told the wife this morning. She is excited and things it will be a fun idea. Of course she asked about Kaya and what we would do. I told her that I didnt see why we couldnt take her along. She LOVES my tanks.

For those on the edge and are nto sure you want to go. There is a dolphin show!!!

Fishfreek, we did a trip to the aquarium last year. They have backpacks you can sign out to carry the babies around. This what I did. It worked out great.

And yes everyone, the dolphin show is excellent!!

You can POSSIBLY count me and my girlfriend in. It's going to be a 5 hour, 318 mile trek, but I think it would make a nice weekend adventure. Course then again, it all depends on if she gets that weekend off from work. I know i'll have it off as I work m-f 7 - 3:30. We could leave on that friday after work. I'll post another thread in May to confirm if we are going. (Fingers Crossed)

We are going to bring our kids (they LOVE this place) and Rick is going to herd them around so I can hang with my AA buddies.

We brought the twins when they were a little over a year old, Aaron, and I wished we had gotten the backpacks because the strollers were too low for them to see anything.

I can pretty much promise you that the DC/Baltimore metro area has never seen or tasted anything as good as the reknown garlic knot. Maybe you can bring some?? :mrgreen:

Shrimp, we can do!

That helps a lot!! Whoo hoo!

Jchillin, when you get there you will be disturbed by the quiet of the busy city of Baltimore, so I will arrive honking my horn so you will feel more at home. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom