ACA convention

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mentallylost

Aquarium Advice Freak
Will anyone be attending the ACA convention in Fort Worth Texas this year?
I'll be there. It will be
Thursday, July 21, 2005 - Sunday, July 24th, 2005 at the Radisson Plaza Hotel in Fort Worth, Texas. Presented by the American Cichlid Association and the Texas Cichlid Association.

info:
http://www.aca2005.org/index.html

I want to go in the worst way! For me that would be almost heaven, but I just can't get away this year. Enjoy!

What about you be our "roving reporter" and take pics and post a thread about it? :D

Have you ever been before? It'll be my first time. 3 of us from work are going there for the weekend with the wives. My wife thinks that it is going to be a special weekend away. Do you suppose that she thinks that fish conventions make for special weekends? Or should I tell her what we are really going to Fort Worth for?

But yeah, I plan on taking lots of pics and writing a little thing on it. Hopefully it'll increase the interest in people to go next year.

Awesome! Finally something where I live!
I will mark it down in my calender and maybe ill see you there =oP

Also, those going who live in Texas.... join the Texas forum!!

I have never been, and every year I say, "Next year, I'll go." It is about impossible for my husband to agree to attend such a thing, so it'll probably have to wait until it is in a city where he wants to visit. I'd be willing to go by myself, but he'd have a fit for sure. :?

Husbands are easy going. When you come back you can just tell him "look baby, see the fish that I got you." It is something that my wife would try on me.

I'll join the Texas forum tonite. Lunch is ending and I have to get back to work.

I was thinking about it, but will not be going. If you look on that convention site, it also lists activities beyond the convention so the non-fish spouses will not be bored. I think they have a tour planned in Dallas where Kennedy was killed and a tour of the book depository. I think they are also planning a shopping trip at a local flea market during the convention. Those might be some selling points for ya! :lol:

I went to the book depository not too long ago for the first time... and it wasn't all that impressing. I wonder why the convention is in Ft.Worth but they are taking a trip to Dallas? Huh

Interesting, I live right outside the Ft. Worth city limits. I think you can count on me being there! :D

Hmmm. I was all set to go to last years in Denver. I'd registered, got my air and hotel and a few days before my back went out. I'm starting to think I may have to find a reason to become a Texan for that weekend. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom