Acne- You consider yourself lucky. Dial up buster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GIMojo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I hate proactiv commercials. Those people have like no acne. I would rape them in a contest lol. Ill post some pictures, starting from when I was at my worst days to today.

gallery_17353_1209_20178.jpg

gallery_17353_1209_7992.jpg

gallery_17353_1209_103845.jpg

I was such a fatty 8 months ago

gallery_17353_1209_24183.jpg

i ask you.... how much did you throw up?
gallery_17353_1209_23099.jpg

heres pictures about a month ago. Lots of pits, lots of scarring
gallery_17353_1209_12391.jpg

gallery_17353_1209_10374.jpg

heres pictures today. Redness and pits. still lots.

gallery_17353_1209_87405.jpg

gallery_17353_1209_73581.jpg

gallery_17353_1209_65744.jpg

any of grannies home remedies for me lol

can i also ask everyone how long it took to load this page?

carrot juice, i drank v8 for a month, no help :p

Not long, but I am on a cable connection.

That's a long of acne young man! I'm not sure what you do about the pitting. I am going to try a microderm abrassion home thing (endorsed by Susan Lucci, so it must be good--I watched the infomercial :oops: and HAD to order it). I have some uneven color (my husband says it's normal :roll:) and large pores...it has a money back guarantee.

Something like that needs to be treated from the inside out.
Home remedies at this point might not cut it

I had HORRIBLE acne on my back and it took prescription face wash and pills to get rid of it. You definatly need to see a dermetologist if you want that to clear up. Maybe something like Acutane (sp?)

Took about 5 seconds to load.

Ouch, that is some intense acne, but you never know...I had a friend in high school that had acne so badly that along with the redness and surface lesions, he had lumps that looked like he had grapes implanted under hois skin....I saw him two years after grad and all traces of his acne (except for some minor scarring) had vanished...all on its own.

lyquidphyre said:
Something like that needs to be treated from the inside out.
Home remedies at this point might not cut it

I had HORRIBLE acne on my back and it took prescription face wash and pills to get rid of it. You definatly need to see a dermetologist if you want that to clear up. Maybe something like Acutane (sp?)

accutane wont help me now, its just redness and scarring. accutane causes redness and scarring

if you don't have any more acne, and it is just scarring and redness, then I'd suggest vitamine E. You can get it in a pill form or liquid that is applied directly to the area. It helps skin heal amazingly fast and with less scarring.

I'd talk to a dermatologist and ask if maybe a chemical peel would help or not. I know they can treat scaring with lasers now too. They also have many other tricks up their sleeves. When I was fifteen I grew a pimple so big it was like a tumor on my face. It was so big people were asking me what happened, like I was in an accident or something. I was too mortified to tell people it was a monster pimple so I told them I was hit in the face with a racket. Anyway it scared my mother into taking me to the dermatologist and he injected that thing with 3 needles worth of something. So go see a Dr. if you can.

Other than that make sure you constantly drink water to keep your skin hydrated, that should help your skin repair itself. Also resist the urge to touch your face and especially no picking. And it couldn't hurt to take vitamins.

I know the dermatologist can be costly, but definitely worth it in the end. If you go for the trial and error approach with numerous over the counter chemicals you could end up making your skin worse. Especially since most of the products have drying agents that dry your skin out too much thus prompting it to create more oil.

Vitamin E will help. My mom just had major surgery; she has a 4 inch scar down her neck. She takes vitamin e caplets, poke them with a pin and squeezes the liquid out and rubs it onto the scar.

Give it a try. It might take time, but it will help over the long run.

I've had friends do that with piercing scars... its cheaper to buy the vitamin e liquid tabs than pure liquid vitamin e

I forgot if I posted this or not.

I have barely any pimples, so accutane would just do nothingf and cause more redness.

I went to the derm, hes no help. An ******* too. Burning me about how I treated my acne in the past.

Ill give vitamin e a shot. thnx guys

so do i just... rub it on then wash it off? or rub it on let it sit?

I woudl try a different dermatologist - I work with them and that does not sound right to me at all.

I'd rub the vitamin E on at night and sleep with it on there. Also, the tip about drinking tons of water will help more than you would think - it is an easy thing to do and will be beneficial in more ways than one.

make sure any cleanser you do use does not contain alcohol. If it does, then it strips your skin of natural oils and in return your skin over produces the oils which then leads to clogged poors and more breakouts.

Also, have you had your hormones checked? A lot of times when hormones are out of whack then it causes breakouts.

With the vitamin e, put it on at night after cleansing your face and leave it there while you sleep. You won't need huge amounts. In the morning make sure you take a soft towel and warm water (plus a good cleanser with no alcohol) to wash your face off.

That's really bad man. I'd check with a doctor for sure about that. I had friends who were that bad, and that's what they did.

If it makes you feel any better I rarely had any acne when I was a teenager, but in my mid-twenties I get more than before.

i dont care very much anymore. the acne is gone, the redness just burns me. especially in the summer whe i sweat adn it gets redder.

I suspect steroids for my asthma caused the breakouts. i got a perscription for a new steroid right before my breakout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom