Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-31-2012, 01:32 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol

We are actually moving soon and there I have my very own fish room I have to have 1 of those 150's ready in 30 days! I dread the move with all these fish but it will be awesome after it happens Pretty excited! This forum DOES create monsters lol! I'm actually talking to a guy with a 35g and 45 gallon on a stand one on top of the other for $90! Would be awesome to get that for my fry... My husband is pretty much begging me not to buy them lol.
With that many tanks you should start doing grow outs tanks and frag tanks so you can make a little money on the side. Then your husband can't say much if it starts to pay for itself lol I'm starting to be able to make $50-$100 every month or two on frags now, got two guys stopping over tomorrow

Old 10-31-2012, 01:35 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858

With that many tanks you should start doing grow outs tanks and frag tanks so you can make a little money on the side. Then your husband can't say much if it starts to pay for itself lol I'm starting to be able to make $50-$100 every month or two on frags now, got two guys stopping over tomorrow
I make a little with my fry, just takes a long time to get em to a size where they are worth more monies I love taking care of the babies I cannot WAIT to play with corals! Idk much about my light or when I can start adding them!!

Old 10-31-2012, 02:04 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol

We are actually moving soon and there I have my very own fish room I have to have 1 of those 150's ready in 30 days! I dread the move with all these fish but it will be awesome after it happens Pretty excited! This forum DOES create monsters lol! I'm actually talking to a guy with a 35g and 45 gallon on a stand one on top of the other for $90! Would be awesome to get that for my fry... My husband is pretty much begging me not to buy them lol.
Yeah, moving tanks suuuuuuucks. I had to move with my 20, 30, 5, and 1.5. Thankfully we only moved a mile or so down the road. The friend who helped us thought I was insane. His opinion was that I should put all the fish in the 5 gallon. Riiiight. Something like 15 fish, some saltwater and some fresh, all in one tank. He just didn't want to help move a 30 gallon. Thankfully I hadn't bought my 56 yet. He would have had an aneurysm. My mom wasn't too fond of loading it into her car, though. But she did take me to pick it up. Good thing, too. It barely fit in the back of her SUV, so there's no way it could have fit in my little Neon. In fact, loading the 30 into my car was difficult enough.

And yes, it is nice when the tanks start generating income. I can't wait until some of my fish are mature enough to start breeding. At least the snails can start some sort of cash flow soon, not to mention the reduction of the cost of providing crunchy foods for my puffers. I get most of their food fairly cheap via the seafood section of my grocery store, but having a nice self sustaining free food source will be nice. That's a few dollars less I have to spend on fresh and frozen seafood each month.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:29 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
It's official. I now have four tanks running. I think this is an all-time record for me, too. I've been able to cap tanks at three, but I guess not anymore! I've got a snails only tank running in the spare room. Just need to get a better air pump for the sponge filter.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:00 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to bud29
(Much to the chagrin of my parents) I will be setting up my third tank in the next couple days It will be a supreme red cherry shrimp tank, and I will breed them. Hoping to get some $$$ off of it.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

I never even fought the battle! I knew as soon as the first tank cycled 20 years ago. That there would be more tanks.

This is how I justify it. "Just to many fish I want to keep that can't live in the same tank"

Now really...... How can you argue with that logic!! Lol
Old 11-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jcolon Send a message via Skype™ to jcolon
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol View Post
Hahaa. I totally share this addiction this is my living room, I have 4 more in my kitchen with fish and a turtle tank in the kids room I just can't stop haha! Here is a snapshot of a text from a friend too lol
What? That's not your living room! Come on! Admit it. That's a pic of your local mom and pop LFS. NO?. Really?

Ever considered opening your own LFS out of your home?
Old 11-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolon

What? That's not your living room! Come on! Admit it. That's a pic of your local mom and pop LFS. NO?. Really?

Ever considered opening your own LFS out of your home?
Lol!

The thought has definitely crossed my mind! I live out in the country tho, I don't think I would get much business I should take a pic of my kitchen haha, bunch if tanks in there too
Old 11-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Hate to be adding to the 'divorce court' drama...but...I'm trying to find a new home for a 22"x22"x48" tank (90 gals) for $200. No stand

Think of it as a new neighborhood for new fishies.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKeysDiver
Hate to be adding to the 'divorce court' drama...but...I'm trying to find a new home for a 22"x22"x48" tank (90 gals) for $200. No stand

Think of it as a new neighborhood for new fishies.
If you lived it Va. Bch VA. You would have 200 dollars. Faster then you could say it.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com