Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-31-2012, 12:52 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Addiction!

So it has finally happened. As much as I planned to keep my 20 gallon in storage and not set it up again until I move, within a week or two it will be up and running again. Along with a 10 gallon from a wonderful member of this forum. Our spare room is going to be the snail farm now. I have what seems to be a zillion baby mystery snails in my 56 gallon, and they are going to be pulled as they grow into the 20 and the 10 to be grown to size as puffer food and breeders. Some will also be going to my LFS. I may even sell some here! Snails, snails, and more snails! And who knows, I may stick a betta in each tank as well. Because hey, another tank! This will bring me up to six running tanks. I MUST be crazy. My boyfriend called me a mad scientist of fish and snails earlier, because I was overcome with glee at cleaning my tanks and at the prospect of finally having a huge snail population for my puffers. I'm just happy he loves me and my fish, and that he doesn't think I'm insane for having what will make a grand total of 122.5 gallons of water in little glass boxes around the house. At least one (although the smallest) only has plants at the moment.

Anyone else losing the battle against setting up more tanks?

Old 10-31-2012, 01:02 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post
So it has finally happened. As much as I planned to keep my 20 gallon in storage and not set it up again until I move, within a week or two it will be up and running again. Along with a 10 gallon from a wonderful member of this forum. Our spare room is going to be the snail farm now. I have what seems to be a zillion baby mystery snails in my 56 gallon, and they are going to be pulled as they grow into the 20 and the 10 to be grown to size as puffer food and breeders. Some will also be going to my LFS. I may even sell some here! Snails, snails, and more snails! And who knows, I may stick a betta in each tank as well. Because hey, another tank! This will bring me up to six running tanks. I MUST be crazy. My boyfriend called me a mad scientist of fish and snails earlier, because I was overcome with glee at cleaning my tanks and at the prospect of finally having a huge snail population for my puffers. I'm just happy he loves me and my fish, and that he doesn't think I'm insane for having what will make a grand total of 122.5 gallons of water in little glass boxes around the house. At least one (although the smallest) only has plants at the moment.

heheeh...I am an addict too.....I set up my 55 Aug.30 this year, then went out and bought a 40b, then got bf to buy me a 20H, then I went and bought a 5g, and now contemplating a 75+ for my bedroom and my daughter said she wants a 10-20 bowfront and 1-5 for her baby (oh dear I think I am rubbing off on her)...lol....your not alone in this

Old 10-31-2012, 01:04 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx

Hahaa. I totally share this addiction this is my living room, I have 4 more in my kitchen with fish and a turtle tank in the kids room I just can't stop haha! Here is a snapshot of a text from a friend too lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-40291853.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	128661   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1138482142.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	128662  

Old 10-31-2012, 01:09 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol View Post
Hahaa. I totally share this addiction this is my living room, I have 4 more in my kitchen with fish and a turtle tank in the kids room I just can't stop haha! Here is a snapshot of a text from a friend too lol
Awesome! Funny!
Old 10-31-2012, 01:09 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol

Looks to me like you've got plenty of room for a center overflow cube tank dead smack in the middle for a 360* view
Old 10-31-2012, 01:11 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858

Looks to me like you've got plenty of room for a center overflow cube tank dead smack in the middle for a 360* view
Now wouldn't that be amazing?! I think I'm one tank away from a divorce... Lol.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:13 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Now wouldn't that be amazing?! I think I'm one tank away from a divorce... Lol.
Wasn't the vowel "through sickness and good health"....dang that MTS it can be quite contagious haha
Old 10-31-2012, 01:16 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858

Wasn't the vowel "through sickness and good health"....dang that MTS it can be quite contagious haha
Hahaaa! Do believe so! He actually reallllly loves the sw tank thankfully
Old 10-31-2012, 01:20 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:

I wish my living room looked like that! When I have an actual house it probably will, but for now we are renting a trailer and I am not sure the floors could take anything bigger than my 56! At least mine are spread out. I've got the 56 column in the living room, the 5 in the kitchen, the 30 in the dining room, the 1.5 on m bathroom vanity, and the 20 and 10 will be going up in one of the spare bedrooms, henceforth known as the snail room. I've thought about turning the smaller spare room into a complete fish room once we get it cleared out, but I think that would be the last straw for my boyfriend. Not to mention for the landlord. I feel so lucky that my boyfriend indulges my fishy addiction, he even bought me my 30 gallon for my birthday last year. But I do not want to test him with too much at once, haha.

At least I know I'm in good company! Haha, and I remember helping you get your very first tank sorted out a few months ago. We helped create a monster...
Old 10-31-2012, 01:27 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx

I wish my living room looked like that! When I have an actual house it probably will, but for now we are renting a trailer and I am not sure the floors could take anything bigger than my 56! At least mine are spread out. I've got the 56 column in the living room, the 5 in the kitchen, the 30 in the dining room, the 1.5 on m bathroom vanity, and the 20 and 10 will be going up in one of the spare bedrooms, henceforth known as the snail room. I've thought about turning the smaller spare room into a complete fish room once we get it cleared out, but I think that would be the last straw for my boyfriend. Not to mention for the landlord. I feel so lucky that my boyfriend indulges my fishy addiction, he even bought me my 30 gallon for my birthday last year. But I do not want to test him with too much at once, haha.

At least I know I'm in good company! Haha, and I remember helping you get your very first tank sorted out a few months ago. We helped create a monster...
We are actually moving soon and there I have my very own fish room I have to have 1 of those 150's ready in 30 days! I dread the move with all these fish but it will be awesome after it happens Pretty excited! This forum DOES create monsters lol! I'm actually talking to a guy with a 35g and 45 gallon on a stand one on top of the other for $90! Would be awesome to get that for my fry... My husband is pretty much begging me not to buy them lol.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com